Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to get title room graphics to stay on screen
Kirpal [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 22, 2020 17:25 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi everyone,

I make fitness videos and I like to have a timer and exercise/program names up on screen like most follow along workout programs (P90x, RushFit, etc...)

In the title room, I found two perfect graphics under General in the lower third name. These only stay up for 10 seconds max and then go away. Even if I change the duration they go and come back. Is there anyway for the graphics to stay on the screen non-stop?

Thank you.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Particles and Motion objects used for effects generally last only 5 to 10 seconds on the timeline. They can be repeated. It is the same if they are placed in titles. Titles without an effect like the Default can be used as a watermark that lasts forever. The same is true for images.

You may want to create a transparent title with an image editor with the graphics that you want to eliminate the problem of particles used in titles.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
As you've discovered, the animated titles loop for a fixed length. If the duration is shorter than the loop, the animation doesn't finish; and if it's longer, the animation repeats from the beginning.

If tomasc's suggestion to create your own titles isn't what you're looking for, one way way to keep the existing title onscreen for a longer time is to set the title text then place it away from the other clips and add a color board to the track above it.

Choose a contrasting color for the best results. Play the title and stop it when the animation ends and take a screenshot. Note you may have to adjust the keyframes to keep the text at 100% opacity if it starts fading out before then end.

The you can place the screenshot on the timeline and chroma-key out the solid color. If there's a translucent section, you may need to play with the controls to get it to look just right.

Finally, place the screenshot on a track under the main title so that it starts before the active title ends. Here's a screenshot of the timeline showing the "frozen" title playing well past the active title's duration:

I've also created a sample PD18 project you can experiment with. No need to sign in to OneDrive, just download it to your PC.
Kirpal [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 22, 2020 17:25 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you tomasc and optodata for your responses. I appreciate you taking the time to help me out.

I google image searched similar title graphics with a transparent background and am currently working on those.

Thank you again, I appreciate it a lot!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I have some very good news if you have (or upgrade to) PD 19: The animated titles from the Motion Graphics, TV Broadcast Title, Bloggers Social Media and Tutorial Creation packs (and possibly more) are now intelligent enough to play the middle parts for as long as the title is on the screen before playing the end.

This is a huge improvement, and using any of these animated titles for any duration is now as easy as using a regular title