CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Mediashow 6 changes video aspect ratio from preview to when produced
Reply to this topic
ChrisC [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Aug 12, 2020 02:24 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
My slide show presentations with photos and videos done 16:9 are shown correctly in preview and when produced turn the videos that were made up and down to sideways to fill the screen. How do I fix this. Happens for bluray and dvd production.
[Post New]
Hi,
If I understand you correctly, you're saying that you have a 16:9 slideshow, that consists of photos and videos...and the videos are portrait, i.e. 9:16. But when you produce it, the video is auto rotated to be 16:9? Meaning no black bars in the video, but it is sideways.

Let me know if that is correct. I just tried to duplicate this with my mediashow 6, and the portrait video did not get auto rotated. I produced a slideshow video, and also burned a DVD in my test.

I have seen similar issues for some users of Powerdirector mentioned, and believe it was resolved by updating the GPU and/or now using hardware acceleration. Maybe look into that in the meantime.

Dave
ChrisC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi,
If I understand you correctly, you're saying that you have a 16:9 slideshow, that consists of photos and videos...and the videos are portrait, i.e. 9:16. But when you produce it, the video is auto rotated to be 16:9? Meaning no black bars in the video, but it is sideways.

Let me know if that is correct. I just tried to duplicate this with my mediashow 6, and the portrait video did not get auto rotated. I produced a slideshow video, and also burned a DVD in my test.

I have seen similar issues for some users of Powerdirector mentioned, and believe it was resolved by updating the GPU and/or now using hardware acceleration. Maybe look into that in the meantime.

Dave

That is correct I will try and send you a couple of screen shots
[Thumb - Preview capture.JPG]
 Filename
Preview capture.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
133 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
[Thumb - Production Capture.JPG]
 Filename
Production Capture.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
52 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
[Post New]
So strange. As I mentioned, it is fine on my computer, so try updating your graphics card driver from the manufacturers web site. It is probably an issue with your GPU or Windows install most likely.

Do you get the same problem if you just output the slideshow as an MP4 video file?

If my suggestion doesn't work, you should contact cl customer service.

Dave

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 17. 2020 21:24

ChrisC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote So strange. As I mentioned, it is fine on my computer, so try updating your graphics card driver from the manufacturers web site. It is probably an issue with your GPU or Windows install most likely.

Do you get the same problem if you just output the slideshow as an MP4 video file?

If my suggestion doesn't work, you should contact cl customer service.

Dave

I have tried everything. slide, movie, movie disk, bluray,dvd, etc. If the video is taken in portrait mode it will simply swich it at production stage, NOT preview stage and turn it landscape to fill the 16:9 screen
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 5455 Offline
[Post New]
ChrisC - I noticed your screenshot showing the WMP displaying the video sideways. That is the way it displays 9:16 PowerDirector produced videos in Windows 7 because it does not recognize the rotation 90 flag. All viewers used will show the same.

Windows 10 will display the same 9:16 produced video correctly on WMP and any other player because it recognize the rotation flag in videos.
ChrisC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote ChrisC - I noticed your screenshot showing the WMP displaying the video sideways. That is the way it displays 9:16 PowerDirector produced videos in Windows 7 because it does not recognize the rotation 90 flag. All viewers used will show the same.

Windows 10 will display the same 9:16 produced video correctly on WMP and any other player because it recognize the rotation flag in videos.

Not sure what WMP means. But windows 7 I am using and will I not be able to produce a video with this program correctly?
I had to remake using pinnacle studio and I had to turn the videos around by using a tool in pinnacle. Is there no such work around in Mediashow?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 5455 Offline
[Post New]
The Production Capture.JPG screenshot you posted shows the Windows Media Player playing a 9:16 aspect ratio video produced by a CyberLink product. WMP is short for Windows Media Player.

Take this same produced video to a Windows 10 computer and play it and it will display correctly. Thanks for confirming that your Windows operating system is 7. I avoid the use of abbreviation here to not confuse anyone. Jets2011 is probably using Windows 10 in his testing.
ChrisC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote The Production Capture.JPG screenshot you posted shows the Windows Media Player playing a 9:16 aspect ratio video produced by a CyberLink product. WMP is short for Windows Media Player.

Take this same produced video to a Windows 10 computer and play it and it will display correctly. Thanks for confirming that your Windows operating system is 7. I avoid the use of abbreviation here to not confuse anyone. Jets2011 is probably using Windows 10 in his testing.

I preview and all is fine. I produce this dvd/blu Ray and it plays on my tv sideways. Is there a fix for windows 7?
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Can you produce a new project with only a few edited videos and photos. Upload it and one original photo from your phone to say the Google drive or One drive. Share it with Users to check out the photo and the produced slideshow. Someone may be able to come up with a solution.

See this recent post: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/82871.page . I know it works on the latest Windows or Macintosh operating systems.
Reply to this topic