Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Express Projects available in PD16 but not 365
tjoel99 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 25, 2017 04:26 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
I have PowerDirector 16 on my computer, and Express Projects work fine. Now I have upgraded to 365.

Problem 1: In 365 Express Projects have not populated. I have downloaded them again and they do not appear. How do I get Express Projects to populate in 365?

Problem 2: I thought maybe I do a workaround by opening an express project in PD16 and saving it and then opening it in 365. However, projects saved like that, when opened in 365, freeze up after a few seconds Media Source Error Code 3. Screenshot show the error message. Any ideas what that error means and how to fix it?

Thank you.
[Thumb - Screenshot 2020-08-04 22.44.18.png]
 Filename
Screenshot 2020-08-04 22.44.18.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
98 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
10 time(s)
Joe L
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Joe -

I don't have a clue why your Express Project templates wouldn't have installed correctly. I'm assuming you've used CL Application Manager when you tried to reinstall them. Under Effect Packs, each of the "PowerDirector Content Pack Premium" packs contain EP templates.

What do you find when you navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\templates\PowerDirector Content Pack Premium 1\ExpressProject? or the other Content Pack Premium folders in templates? Are the folders populated?

I haven't done anything special with mine and the templates are present, as expected (see attached screenshot of library).

Regarding your workaround in 2... that would have worked OK if you had packed the project materials, rather than just saved it... but it still wouldn't install the template for future use.

P.S. Some of the Express Project templates can be found on DirectorZone. Have you tried that? (it really shouldn't be necessary)

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - PDR365_Express Projects.jpg]
 Filename
PDR365_Express Projects.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
696 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
8 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!