CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Need liquid transitions & title effect made
Reply to this topic
TraceyH [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jun 28, 2018 20:56 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I've spent a few hours/days looking over the exisiting library of transitions and title effects but there's nothing that matches what I'm after.

Is there anyone here who can
1) Create a liquid wave transition (transparent to solid colour, solid colour to solid colour, solid colour to transparent). An example is one this YouTube video at about 49 seconds - https://youtu.be/9WujK6Q2y1M - very clean, solid waves, no other effects.
Here are more examples - https://pikbest.com/video/2d-hand-drawn-mg-fluid-wave-water-transition-ae-template_1636355.html

2) Create a title where the text slightly dances/wiggles in place? See at 6 seconds - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0R54DYs6MI&t=817s - I know I can do this by creating them as image frames and having them repeat or placing a GIF, but I am trying to cut down the amount of individual files per video. Would be awesome if I can just apply a title effect instead.

Let me know!
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 5390 Offline
[Post New]
You could try one of the evaporate transition to a white color board.
TraceyH [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You could try one of the evaporate transition to a white color board.

Thanks! Yep I have played with a few of the evaporate transitions - but they're too 'grainy'? I was after a more define liquid look
optodata
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 5740 Online
[Post New]
You might want to look at Pixelan's plug-ins, especially SpiceMaster. They're affordable and have hundreds of presets that you can customize in every way imaginable.

Here's the one of the preset screens of Fluids, with the top image showing the WetBrush1 effect about 3/4 of the way through its animated cycle:

The thumbnail views of all effects are shown at the midpoint. I've also attached the screenshot image so you can see it full size.
[Thumb - Pixelan fluids.jpg]
 Filename
Pixelan fluids.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Full size screenshot
 Filesize
522 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
TraceyH [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You might want to look at Pixelan's plug-ins, especially SpiceMaster. They're affordable and have hundreds of presets that you can customize in every way imaginable.

Thanks for that!

It's still not 100% what I'm after (a clean wave, like in the example I posted). I'll keep searching
optodata
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 5740 Online
[Post New]
If you want to make that exact style, you can create the main image in any graphics program then import it into the Transition Designer. The Help page (F1) has the details on creating and modifying alpha (transparency) transitions. You can then share it on DirectorZone so other people can use it
TraceyH [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote If you want to make that exact style, you can create the main image in any graphics program then import it into the Transition Designer. The Help page (F1) has the details on creating and modifying alpha (transparency) transitions. You can then share it on DirectorZone so other people can use it

Thanks I'm going to try and figure Transition Designer out - I think what I had trouble with is that the wave/liquid is not a static image itself - I'd have to animate the wave/liquid and then create a transition from it
Reply to this topic