Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Photo Director 365
fagil71 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 12, 2020 04:25 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Is there a limit to number of Photos used in a slideshow project.

I am using Photo Director 365 on Windows 10 home, version - 1909 OS build 18363.959

Photo sizes range from 300kb to 1.30mb there are 438 photos.

Text has been added to appoximately 150 of the photos.

A Message keeps coming up on the screen at approximately 22% of the Producing stage, saying "Cyberlink Photodirector could not convert the video file".

There are no videos in the project they are all jpg files.

Can anyone shed some light on my problem.

Thank you
fagil71
[Thumb - 2020-08-01.png]
 Filename
2020-08-01.png
[Disk]
 Description
Message that comes up on screen
 Filesize
531 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks very much for the details and the screenshot.

You say there are 438 photos, but the screenshot shows that there are 443 items in the slideshow. I imagine that somehow at least one of those extra ones is an unsupported video clip. The screenshot also seems to show something like a title screen from an old tape or DVD recording that's highlighted in the first position. Is that a video?

You should confirm the number of items you've imported, and maybe double check the folders they're in with File Explorer to make sure you've only imported photos. If needed, you can remove all the clips from PhotoDirector and import them again, maybe by importing individual clips rather than entire folders. You can select as many clips at a time as you like.
fagil71 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 12, 2020 04:25 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry , yes there were 443 photos in that project.

I had done as you suggested and deleted the photos and began another project and that still didnt work, the screen shot is of my last try.
The first clip that is highlighted in the screen shot is a colour board describing what the slideshow is about.

I have since deleted all photos again and now have began another project still not up to the producing stage, have to add text to all photos again.

Was looking for some ideas as to what could be happening.

Thank you again
Cheers
fagil71
[Post New]
Hello fagil71,

It looks to me, as optodata suggested, that the formatting of some elements of your slideshow is the issue.

Some of the images in your slideshow are NOT .jpg files, but .phi files saved in the Layers module. You must have saved them with a view to further editing.

PhD cannot produce these into part of a video slideshow. The .phi files need to be saved as .jpg, .png etc in a "flattened" format.

You'll see in the attached version of your screenshot whch files are composed of layers (.phi), marked with red circles.

PIX
[Thumb - 2020-08-01 phi.png]
 Filename
2020-08-01 phi.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
425 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
Hello again,

I'm afraid I'll have to retract my previous statement:

PhD cannot produce these into part of a video slideshow. The .phi files need to be saved as .jpg, .png etc in a "flattened" format.

Including .phi files is NOT the problem with production. I just tested by including a layered file in a slideshow & PhD does produce succcessfully. My apologies for making an untested claim. embarassed

Would it be possible for you to upload the folder of photos used in your slideshow for testing? You can use any of the shared file sites and post the link here.

Without that, it's going to be more difficult to track down the cause of the issue.

PIX

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 07. 2020 03:34

PIX YouTube channel