Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Library Preview Window Reset
[Post New]
Hello,

I reset my workspace and wanted to work on some clips with the library preview.

But when I go there and add the same clip, it remembers where I clipped it before. Anyway to reset that, or do I have to manually drag the sliders back to their starting positions?

Thanks,

VeePo
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I'm unclear on what you did previously and what you're seeing now. Please make a screen recording or some screenshots that show what's happening.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I reset my workspace and wanted to work on some clips with the library preview.

But when I go there and add the same clip, it remembers where I clipped it before. Anyway to reset that, or do I have to manually drag the sliders back to their starting positions?

No GUI layout reset that I have seen. So, if you modified the Media Library or Preview Window frames to occupy a small space, you simply need to resize again manually.

Jeff
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Not sure I have your question correctly understood but, as far as I can see, loading a New Workspace does not "reset" the media library to any default. So if you have a clip in the Library that has been marked in/out in the Library preview, the in/out markers are not reset by loading a new workspace and the previous in/out markers are retained.

New Project does act to reset any Library preview window markers.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

Not sure I have your question correctly understood but, as far as I can see, loading a New Workspace does not "reset" the media library to any default. So if you have a clip in the Library that has been marked in/out in the Library preview, the in/out markers are not reset by loading a new workspace and the previous in/out markers are retained.

New Project does act to reset any Library preview window markers.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Thanks!

I hit new workspace...guess that is why.

Glad you responded!
[Post New]
Quote I'm unclear on what you did previously and what you're seeing now. Please make a screen recording or some screenshots that show what's happening.

Hi Opto,

I had clips in my library, I edited one in the Library Preview Windows, inserted it onto a track.

After a few more edits, I decided to start over on the same project. So chose New workspace to clear the tracks, but keep the library assets

When I used Library Preview again on the same clip, it kept th markers.

Does that help clear up my question?

Thanks for asking and responding!
[Thumb - ResetTrimClip.png]
 Filename
ResetTrimClip.png
[Disk]
 Description
Reset the in and out markers
 Filesize
809 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the screenshot. I don't think I've used that feature when editing but now I understand what you're saying.

If you save the project with the clip dragged from the preview window on the timeline, even after closing and reopening PD, every time you click on that source clip in the library the library preview will show the start and end markers where you set them. The only way to reset them for that clip is to manually drag them to the ends. Clicking on other media library clips will show the default marker positions.

If you don't save the project after setting the markers in the library preview window, you have to close/reopen PD or start a new project to reset the markers. Creating a new workspace doesn't reset them.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°