Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Where do downloaded sound clips and music tracks go?
robusto400 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 22, 2020 11:16 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
When you download a sound clip or music track where does the file go? I did some audio adjustment on a clip and now want to go back to the original file but can't find it. When I go back to the sound clips library it just shows downloaded and cannot do it again. I have to assume downloaded sound clips and music tracks are being stored somewhere for future use but where?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You're actually asking two questions - how to place a(nother) downloaded sound clip on the timeline and where are downloaded sound clips stored.

Once a clip is downloaded there's no reason to download it again. Simply drag the clip from the Sound Clip library to the timeline, just as you would any other clip. PD edits don't change the source clip, so all clips in the media libraries are the original versions.

As for the actual file location, the default folder for sound clips and background music is C:\Users\Public\CyberLink\Downloaded Audio.

Unfortunately, each clip is stored in a folder named something like BKM_1534991358005 with a single MP3 file inside with the same numerical section of the folder name. PD doesn't store the "friendly" name of the clip there because it's meant to be hidden, but the library will always show the familar name so you can find it again.

If the clip is no longer needed or was unintentionally downloaded, you can right-click on it in the library and choose Delete from Disk.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 10. 2020 14:08

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
robusto400 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 22, 2020 11:16 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Quote You're actually asking two questions - how to place a(nother) downloaded sound clip on the timeline and where are downloaded sound clips stored.

Once a clip is downloaded there's no reason to download it again. Simply drag the clip from the Sound Clip library to the timeline, just as you would any other clip. PD edits don't change the source clip, so all clips in the media libraries are the original versions.

As for the actual file location, the default folder for sound clips and background music is C:\Users\Public\CyberLink\Downloaded Audio.

Unfortunately, each clip is stored in a folder named something like BKM_1534991358005 with a single MP3 file inside with the same numerical section of the folder name. PD doesn't store the "friendly" name of the clip there because it's meant to be hidden, but the library will always show the familar name so you can find it again.

If the clip is no longer needed or was unintentionally downloaded, you can right-click on it in the library and choose Delete from Disk.

Thanks. I got it now. I am coming from Premiere that shows any downloaded music or sound clips in your working project media library.