Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio equalizer for the FX track
H. Martins [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 27, 2014 15:41 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi.

PowerDirector seems quite poor concerning audio effects in fx track. There are many video effects but not match (if any) audio effects.

It would be very interesting if I could only find an audio equalizer for the fx track. Of course Audio Editor is there but it is a very time consuming and a cumbersome method.

I looked after some sort of plugin in several third party suppliers bot, again, there is an infinite number of video effects and none(?) for audio.

Am I missing something?

Could I get some help, please?

Thanks
Martins

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 24. 2020 19:24

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "Audio equalizer for the FX track", could you explain.

Obviously the "classic" type equalizer with several (15 or so) presets as well as manual adjustment is available in the simple Audio Editor as you note with Adjustments > Equalizer for any audio clip.

Jeff
H. Martins [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 27, 2014 15:41 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "Audio equalizer for the FX track", could you explain.

Obviously the "classic" type equalizer with several (15 or so) presets as well as manual adjustment is available in the simple Audio Editor as you note with Adjustments > Equalizer for any audio clip.

Jeff

Thank you.

What about an effect called Audio Equalizer able to be dragged do the FX track? Double clicked in the FX track, the equalizer opens do be adjusted ... That's it.

Exactly like any other video effect, but for audio.

Regards
Martins

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 24. 2020 19:59

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote What about an effect called Audio Equalizer able to be dragged do the FX track? Double clicked in the FX track, the equalizer opens do be adjusted ... That's it.

Ok, I got your desire now, I thought that but couldn’t see how that would be easier. Basically, a suite of audio modifications you can pick and choose to drag to the timeline. I simply defined "Alt a" hotkey to the Audio Editor so on any audio clip an "Alt a" opens the editor and brings me multiple simplistic effects I can do to the audio, echo, equalizer, reverb, pitch... vs dragging a unique effect.

You can use the File > Rate Us & Provide Suggestions to get your thought to CL.

Jeff