Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to edit 16:9 and produce in full 1:1 without letterbox...
MarkS001 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 21, 2020 17:22 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I'm making educational/sales vids for my FB/LI/YT/IG pages. I prefer 1:1 because it works on all platforms without re-editing/rendering for different aspects. However, I prefer to shoot and edit in 16:9 because PD365 offers way more templates, FX, presets, etc. than for 1:1.

Here's the problem:

1. Vid shot in 16:9
2. PD365 Project Aspect is set to 16:9 (If I set to 1:1 I lose 3/4's of the elements)
3. Vid is cropped to 1:1 all the way through
4. Will not render to 1:1. I can only select various 16:9 resolutions which then view as letterbox. I tried making a custom rendering profile to no avail.

What am I missing?

Thanks.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
If you're going to forego PD365's native 1:1 producing, you'll have to use a different workflow to get a true 1:1 output.

There are many discussions on here from years past with varying amounts of complexity and success, and this workflow is the easiest and most reliable I could think of.