Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Missing media library after restart
Dond10 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 13, 2020 06:44 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have add music, photo and video folders sited on a NAS drive to my media library and they had populated each of the media sections. So far so good. I had been over the last week or so adding album covers to my music where needed.
Yesterday I had connected my laptop to a powerline to get a faster connection and opened Powerdvd and the library was not available due to not connected to the NAS network line. So I disconnected this and connected to the NAS network line and on opening up Powerdvd the media sections for music and photos are missing, video ok.

Any thoughts?
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have add music, photo and video folders sited on a NAS drive to my media library and they had populated each of the media sections. So far so good. I had been over the last week or so adding album covers to my music where needed.
Yesterday I had connected my laptop to a powerline to get a faster connection and opened Powerdvd and the library was not available due to not connected to the NAS network line. So I disconnected this and connected to the NAS network line and on opening up Powerdvd the media sections for music and photos are missing, video ok.

Any thoughts?

poewrdvd's library does not hold your photo or music files actually otherwise you will need double storage space on your local hard drive to save media files from network drive after every import. the library would just create virtual links to your files after import.

If your files were on network drive but the connection has ever reset or lost once, it is expected the imported files will get lost in the library. And, if the drive letter changed on NAS (ie D:\ changed to E:\) in the window file explorer, the file mapping will drop in powerdvd library as well because the file paths have changed.

Map your network drive in Windows file explorer first to get a virtual drive letter before importing any files to powerdvd media library.
Re-import the photo or music files from scratch again.
Dond10 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 13, 2020 06:44 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]

poewrdvd's library does not hold your photo or music files actually otherwise you will need double storage space on your local hard drive to save media files from network drive after every import. the library would just create virtual links to your files after import.

If your files were on network drive but the connection has ever reset or lost once, it is expected the imported files will get lost in the library. And, if the drive letter changed on NAS (ie D:\ changed to E:\) in the window file explorer, the file mapping will drop in powerdvd library as well because the file paths have changed.

Map your network drive in Windows file explorer first to get a virtual drive letter before importing any files to powerdvd media library.
Re-import the photo or music files from scratch again.

Thanks for your imput into the problem. I have re-established the link by-

1. moving the files on my NAS to another folder.

2. opened powerdvd so it could establish that there was no files in the linked NAS folder then closed powerdvd

3. moved the files back to origional linked folder

4. opened powerdvd where it rewrote the library again.

My NAS drive has a fixed IP address so I use that and have not mapped it.
From now on I will not open powerdvd if connected to powerline again.
if I do lose the library again I'll try mapping the drive.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 14. 2020 02:39