Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't Login to DirectorZone from within Photodirector
Tesityr
Senior Member Location: Canada, eh Joined: Apr 08, 2014 05:35 Messages: 154 Offline
[Post New]
Just wondering if I'm missing something, since I can't seem to 'login' to DirectorZone from within Photodirector 9 (to share photos/templates/etc).

I can log into the Website directly in a browser, but within the program the Login screen comes up but clicking "Next" does nothing...
This is from the Main Share Menu or the Preferences Menu or the Export Menu.

Thanks for any ideas

Edit:
I forgot to mention that I've tried Resetting the Password, but this made no difference/progress

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 01. 2020 06:30

[Post New]
Hello Tesityr,

Sign in via PhD9 seems to be working here, not that that's of any help to you. I was just able to sign in within PhD9 to upload this preset to DirectorZone.

You might try going to your PhD Preferences and, under the DirectorZone tab, signing out then signing in again. If you've already done that & it failed, let us know.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Tesityr
Senior Member Location: Canada, eh Joined: Apr 08, 2014 05:35 Messages: 154 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello Tesityr,

Sign in via PhD9 seems to be working here, not that that's of any help to you. I was just able to sign in within PhD9 to upload this preset to DirectorZone.

You might try going to your PhD Preferences and, under the DirectorZone tab, signing out then signing in again. If you've already done that & it failed, let us know.

PIX

Thank you for your reply, but I was not signed into DirectorZone in the Preferences (so I cannot sign-out, as your suggestion).
I could not sign in when Sharing a Photo (Export button) nor in the Preferences under DirectorZone (both).

Thanks though.

I might try re-installing PhotoDirector next.
I checked Windows Firewall and there are no entries blocking it - I might try adding one manually to Allow.
Odd little issue.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
These kinds of issues come up pretty often (mostly with PowerDirector), and there doesn't seem to be a universal cause.

Sometimes people have gotten it to work by uninstalling/reinstalling the app; sometimes setting the default brower to IE made a difference; sometimes they've tweaked their AV/firewall, etc.

You haven't mentioned if you're running through a proxy server or VPN. Another thing to try is to change the DNS server in case there's a domain resolution issue with your current provider.

A quick way to see if packets are flowing back and forth is to bring up Task Manager then click on Resource Monitor at the bottom of the Performance tab. Take a look at the Network details when you launch PhD, and you should see several data streams to different addresses like this:

My guess is that one or more connections from PhD aren't getting through, and there might be enough info in that window to help you narrow down what might be causing the problem.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Tesityr
[Post New]
Quote These kinds of issues come up pretty often (mostly with PowerDirector), and there doesn't seem to be a universal cause.

Sometimes people have gotten it to work by uninstalling/reinstalling the app; sometimes setting the default brower to IE made a difference; sometimes they've tweaked their AV/firewall, etc.

You haven't mentioned if you're running through a proxy server or VPN. Another thing to try is to change the DNS server in case there's a domain resolution issue with your current provider.

A quick way to see if packets are flowing back and forth is to bring up Task Manager then click on Resource Monitor at the bottom of the Performance tab. Take a look at the Network details when you launch PhD, and you should see several data streams to different addresses like this:

My guess is that one or more connections from PhD aren't getting through, and there might be enough info in that window to help you narrow down what might be causing the problem.

A lot of great info thanks!

I haven't really played with my Firewall since installing Windows 10, but I did check it to make sure that it was letting it through... I added the PhotoDirector executables manually and Allowed them. Unfortunately it didn't help.

I reinstalled the program, rebooted, etc; but sadly that didn't help either.
Oddly, when I went to Update it, the Downloader for the update couldn't connect to Cyberlink (attachment 1).
Then, when I went to the Website directly, to get the Update file, it couldn't connect to Cyberlink's Website (attachment 2).

...I think I'll wait a while and try all this again next week sometime, it seems perhaps they are having some issues from my Region or something (obviously the internet works fine other than their website). So odd. Hopefully it will be working later on.

I just had a thought - perhaps they are not Supporting PhotoDirector 9 anymore? Since it is two versions back, maybe they are dropping it? I personally don't know how things work here, just contemplating out loud...
In the end, I might Upgrade to PhotoDirector 11 if I can spare the money, anyway.

If my brain will remember, I'll check this Thread and/or come back to Update later on, what fixed/happened/etc.
~T
[Thumb - Screenshot (3184) - could not connect to Cyberlink Store.png]
 Filename
Screenshot (3184) - could not connect to Cyberlink Store.png
[Disk]
 Description
Could not connect to Cyberlink Store website
 Filesize
42 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
[Thumb - Screenshot (3183) - PHD9 could not DL update from Cyberlink.png]
 Filename
Screenshot (3183) - PHD9 could not DL update from Cyberlink.png
[Disk]
 Description
Could not connect to Cyberlink with Updater
 Filesize
196 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 01. 2020 21:37

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Nothing to do with the version. PhD9 won't be getting any more patches but it'll continue to be supported for many years.

Given that you aren't able to reach Cyberlink through a couple of different avenues, that implies it's something with your PC or ISP, although clearly you're able to reach the forum. Can you reach the website with your phone when it's connected to Wi-Fi and/or on the cellular network?

Try opening up a command window (type cmd in search) and enter ping 72.52.91.54 then hit Enter. Do you get a response?

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Tesityr
[Post New]
Quote Nothing to do with the version. PhD9 won't be getting any more patches but it'll continue to be supported for many years.

Given that you aren't able to reach Cyberlink through a couple of different avenues, that implies it's something with your PC or ISP, although clearly you're able to reach the forum. Can you reach the website with your phone when it's connected to Wi-Fi and/or on the cellular network?

Try opening up a command window (type cmd in search) and enter ping 72.52.91.54 then hit Enter. Do you get a response?

Ah, nice to know it's still Supported then.

Pinged in 40ms. I also noticed in Performance Monitor that it 'tries' to connect to that IP (it shows up in the Remote Address area for PhotoDirector9.exe) but odd that the program itself can't 'get there' (the loading/buffering circle thingy shows up and moves around but it doesn't get past that). I might try installing it to a different Location perhaps.

The website finally started working, heh. So odd...
Tesityr
[Post New]
If I may Reply to my own Thread, just to Update with additional information (part of which may help others), I have made some progress - and some not, heh.

The progress was made by figuring out what was messing with the in-program-uploading of the Photos to DirectorZone (Exporting and Sharing to DirectorZone from within Photodirector) - it was a program called Video Downloader Ultimate (which came free with some other disc burning program package purchased in the past). This program created an internal Proxy in Windows 10 (loopback with different Port). It seems to be how this program was handling Downloads of videos (eg. vimeo, twitter) and sorting them, etc. --(Proxy info/panel shown in Attachment 1)

While relatively harmless (the 'proxy' just pointed to myself), I Uninstalled that program and Photodirector managed to Connect to DirectorZone, from within PhotoDirector! cool

The only problem now is, the Photo that was Shared is not showing up in my DirectorZone Profile (Feed, Photos, etc).

To see if it made any difference - and to try out the newest version to see how it was - I downloaded and Installed the Demo version of Photodirector 11 and tried to Upload the Photo from within PhotoDirector 11 to DirectorZone ...directly. It logged into DirectorZone much 'cleaner', showing the Login and then Proceeding to let me Upload it, the message panel showing and closing on its' own - everything seemed to 'work' in PhotoDirector 11 (as opposed to PhD9) - but the Photo still does not seem to appear on my DZ profile/pages...

So, I have made some progress - finding out what program was interfering with PhotoDirector - but have only made it about 3/4 of the way there (to 'sharing a photo to DZ from within PhDr). Just updating... and perhaps this information can help others that might run into something similar (the program above may be causing issues for you). I'm still open to any input of course, if anyone has any more. Thanks!
[Thumb - Screenshot (3212) - proxy in windows 10, setup by video downloader ultimate program.png]
 Filename
Screenshot (3212) - proxy in windows 10, setup by video downloader ultimate program.png
[Disk]
 Description
1 - windows 10 proxy info panel
 Filesize
39 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 03. 2020 00:11