Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video over Picture background
.Relentless. [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 02, 2020 09:38 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Hello everyone.

Complete newb here. I moved up to PD17 from Movie Maker. Yes, you read that correctly. I was king of that software- cue laughter. :

I am producing my first film with PD which should wind up at about 45minutes in total length so it's been a learning exerience as I navigate the 600 page instruction manual and youtube tutorials and now this forum.

Is it possible to create & place a "round" frame of my video clip, taken with a spotting scope, but was filmed in landscape mode, over a picture of the area as a larger background? I want it to appear that the viewer is looking through the spotting scope.

Thanks for all the support PD and forum peeps.
PowerDirector Tutorials
Senior Member Location: Tennessee Joined: Sep 29, 2014 20:25 Messages: 192 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello everyone.

Complete newb here. I moved up to PD17 from Movie Maker. Yes, you read that correctly. I was king of that software- cue laughter. :

I am producing my first film with PD which should wind up at about 45minutes in total length so it's been a learning exerience as I navigate the 600 page instruction manual and youtube tutorials and now this forum.

Is it possible to create & place a "round" frame of my video clip, taken with a spotting scope, but was filmed in landscape mode, over a picture of the area as a larger background? I want it to appear that the viewer is looking through the spotting scope.

Thanks for all the support PD and forum peeps.

Sure you can you just need and image of a scope. Heres and example of what I did with binoculars.

PowerDirector Tutorials Team
.Relentless. [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 02, 2020 09:38 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]

Sure you can you just need and image of a scope. Heres and example of what I did with binoculars.

Thank you- I'll check this out. Let me inquire a bit more. Is there a way to make a 'viewing circle' on the screen? Much like changing the shape of the video in the preview window.
PowerDirector Tutorials
Senior Member Location: Tennessee Joined: Sep 29, 2014 20:25 Messages: 192 Offline
[Post New]

Thank you- I'll check this out. Let me inquire a bit more. Is there a way to make a 'viewing circle' on the screen? Much like changing the shape of the video in the preview window.

Pick your image.
https://www.google.com/search?q=scope+viewing+circle&client=firefox-b-1-d&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj60p6g7ojpAhWnnOAKHaCxCB8Q_AUoAXoECAsQAw&biw=1728&bih=809 PowerDirector Tutorials Team