Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 17 crashes randomly and consistently
nick inman [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 26, 2020 17:40 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, I have PD 17 version 17.0.3005.0 sr vde190530-02
It seems after the update the crashes have gotten worse. It will crash doing random tasks. And sometimes if the window is minimized while using chrome or other apps it will crash also. I've lost a lot of work editing because it will crash in between my saves every 5 minutes. I've tried running the spc scannow and the other scanhealth commands. I've uninstalled/restarted PC/redownloaded a fresh copy, redownload 3005 patch and reinstalled and still have the same results. Attached is dxdiag results after most recent crash.

Please if anyone has any suggestions it would be great. Thanks.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
dxdiag
 Filesize
120 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
98 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry to hear you're having such significant issues. The first thing I'd do is to make sure you have PD's auto save turned on to run every 2-3 minutes so you wouldn't lose too much work while you're sorting this all out.

What were the results of the sfc and dism commands? Were there errors that got fixed, no errors found, or unrepairable errors? Is your system overclocked?

There are crashes of the Dell AlienwareCommandCenter shown at the end, along with many PDR crashes. Have you tried running the Alienware online troubleshooter? I'd try the Full Scan, Blue Screen Checker and Video Card to start with there.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°