Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Blu ray 4k - PC - UHD Blu-Ray Advisor
tulertyza [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 23, 2020 05:29 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I'm wondering if it is possible to watch 4k blu rays on the LG 34GK950F with a i9 9900K on a gigabyte Z390 aorus ultra mobo. I use the Cyberlink ultra HD Blu-Ray Advisor and it says that I still need "Advanced Protected Audio/Vidio Path (GPU)"

if anyone could help that would be great
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi, I'm wondering if it is possible to watch 4k blu rays on the LG 34GK950F with a i9 9900K on a gigabyte Z390 aorus ultra mobo. I use the Cyberlink ultra HD Blu-Ray Advisor and it says that I still need "Advanced Protected Audio/Vidio Path (GPU)"

if anyone could help that would be great

I guess you are trying use discrete NVIDIA or AMD GPU on your platform.
Your high end NVIDIA GPU or AMD GPU is not comaptible with 4K Blu-ray no matter how powerful or expensive they are.

Here is the requirements for your referene:
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=19144

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 23. 2020 05:45

tulertyza [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 23, 2020 05:29 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

I guess you are trying use discrete NVIDIA or AMD GPU on your platform.
Your high end NVIDIA GPU or AMD GPU is not comaptible with 4K Blu-ray no matter how powerful or expensive they are.

Here is the requirements for your referene:
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=19144

I have the gpu disabled in bios and I even tried removing it completely from the computer but still no luck. I have been using the on board graphics
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
Contact your motherboard vendor or Intel directly for further support.

The advanced protected audio/video path function is provided by the Intel graphic hardware via the motherboard's port.