CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Action Director 3.0
Reply to this topic
MainFragger [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Aug 15, 2019 05:24 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I am looking for an automated way to mass stitch and export 360 degree files. If you do it in Action Director 3.0, you have to put your clips into a timeline. Which means they all come out as one big video file. That is not what I want to do. Lets say I go to a convention, and take like 50 video clips. Rather than have to indivdually edit them one at a time on a timeline, I just want to be able to select the fifty, and set it to stitch and export with a naming convention like DragonCon001.mp4 through DragonCon050.mp4.

I could do this with my Elecam software, but once I moved to Samsung Gear 360, I lost this ability. And it makes it really difficult for me to get things done in a timely fashion. I am looking to start using my cameras more professionally, and I need a quick way to just get the files stitched and exported to my hard drive in a set and forget it process...

I should probably make this a separate post, but since it has to do with stitching, I upgraded to 3.0 because my laptop HD crashed, and the version that came with my Gear 360 that worked fine on my laptop wouldn't install on my desktop. Initially, this software looks the same...BUT unlike the gear 360 version, it doesn't stitch the videos and pics as soon as I put them in the inport fields. And I don't see any way to tell them to do the stitching.

Alsol, I can import pictures or .jpgs, but the .mp4's won't import. It tells me it doesn't recognize or support that format. But I use to edit them all of the time on my laptop.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 18. 2020 05:17

MainFragger [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Aug 15, 2019 05:24 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I am looking for an automated way to mass stitch and export 360 degree files. If you do it in Action Director 3.0, you have to put your clips into a timeline. Which means they all come out as one big video file. That is not what I want to do. Lets say I go to a convention, and take like 50 video clips. Rather than have to indivdually edit them one at a time on a timeline, I just want to be able to select the fifty, and set it to stitch and export with a naming convention like DragonCon001.mp4 through DragonCon050.mp4.

I could do this with my Elecam software, but once I moved to Samsung Gear 360, I lost this ability. And it makes it really difficult for me to get things done in a timely fashion. I am looking to start using my cameras more professionally, and I need a quick way to just get the files stitched and exported to my hard drive in a set and forget it process...

I should probably make this a separate post, but since it has to do with stitching, I upgraded to 3.0 because my laptop HD crashed, and the version that came with my Gear 360 that worked fine on my laptop wouldn't install on my desktop. Initially, this software looks the same...BUT unlike the gear 360 version, it doesn't stitch the videos and pics as soon as I put them in the inport fields. And I don't see any way to tell them to do the stitching.

Alsol, I can import pictures or .jpgs, but the .mp4's won't import. It tells me it doesn't recognize or support that format. But I use to edit them all of the time on my laptop.

The last issue is no longer an issue..because Actiondirector 3.0 does not have that feature. I had to use the customer oem Actiondirector 2.0 designed for the Gear 360...
Reply to this topic