Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Create Disk feature on Powerdirector17
EdEscall [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 26, 2017 09:05 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Suddenly I can't Create Disc anymore? Every time I hit Burn to 2CD, I always get a message - 'Insert a blank or writable disk' even though there's a blank CD on Drive E. I have no issue before but for some reason, I tried to investigate my Drive E but no avail. I have no problem before.

If I refresh my software, will that help? Will that not erase all my saved personal templates? Please help. Thanks.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Suddenly I can't Create Disc anymore? Every time I hit Burn to 2CD, I always get a message - 'Insert a blank or writable disk' even though there's a blank CD on Drive E. I have no issue before but for some reason, I tried to investigate my Drive E but no avail. I have no problem before.

If I refresh my software, will that help? Will that not erase all my saved personal templates? Please help. Thanks.

PD has not been able to create a CD video, namely a VCD, since release PD14. Are you perhaps referencing creating a DVD or BD? Posting a pic of your "2D Disc" setting screen may help resolve your issue as well as the exact type of disc you are using in your E:\ drive.

Jeff
EdEscall [Avatar]
[Post New]
Attached 3 screenshots from Create Disk folder Screen.

I used Verbatim, 4.7GB, DVD+R (Printable), 16x, 120min.

Thank you for your help.

Edgardo
[Thumb - Screenshot (4).png]
 Filename
Screenshot (4).png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
280 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
[Thumb - Screenshot (3).png]
 Filename
Screenshot (3).png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
278 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
[Thumb - Screenshot (2).png]
 Filename
Screenshot (2).png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
493 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
The attached pic "Screenshot (2).png" was not from your project as no project is loaded, but assuming those settings are the same, the error would probably indicate you have your disc upside down in the tray.

Flip the disc over in the tray and see what you get.

Jeff
EdEscall [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks, Jeff for the reply.
I tried your suggestion to flip the disk that I might have inserted incorrectly, After hitting Burn in 2D, the system won't even recognize the disk (screenshot10). I replaced screenshot2 with screenshot8 and S9.

I also tried Save as Disk Image, It worked and able to create a disk from it, But I don't like it because of too many unnecessary files that came with it.

I also would like to ask, How can I create the DVD(2CD) direct on a USB? I tried to create on USB right after Produce (from the file produced). It won't copy, the message was not enough space on a 16GB USB when the produced file was only 5.7GB??. I am not creating BD or AVCHD.

Thanks Jeff.

Edgardo
[Thumb - Screenshot (8).png]
 Filename
Screenshot (8).png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
572 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
EdEscall [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Thanks, Jeff for the reply.
I tried your suggestion to flip the disk that I might have inserted incorrectly, After hitting Burn in 2D, the system won't even recognize the disk (screenshot10). I replaced screenshot2 with screenshot8 and S9.

I also tried Save as Disk Image, It worked and able to create a disk from it, But I don't like it because of too many unnecessary files that came with it.

I also would like to ask, How can I create the DVD(2CD) direct on a USB? I tried to create on USB right after Produce (from the file produced). It won't copy, the message was not enough space on a 16GB USB when the produced file was only 5.7GB??. I am not creating BD or AVCHD.

Thanks Jeff.

Edgardo

I am re-attaching Screen9 &10. My connection dropped when submitting.
[Thumb - Screenshot (9).png]
 Filename
Screenshot (9).png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
294 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
[Thumb - Screenshot (10).png]
 Filename
Screenshot (10).png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
294 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Thanks, Jeff for the reply.
I tried your suggestion to flip the disk that I might have inserted incorrectly, After hitting Burn in 2D, the system won't even recognize the disk (screenshot10).
So your new Screenshot (10).png is the same error as your old Screenshot (4).png but you claim the system won't even recognize the disc. Sorry I don't understand.

Quote I replaced screenshot2 with screenshot8 and S9.
Thanks for the new Screenshot (8).png for the old Screenshot (2).png, it's clear you used those settings then. However, Screenshot (9).png is entirely new and now tells one that it did recognize the disc, but the disc simply is not empty. That's progress. Did you verify it is empty with windows explorer? You may think it's empty but may have been initialized already from your previous attempts if not a brand new disc.

Quote I also tried Save as Disk Image, It worked and able to create a disk from it, But I don't like it because of too many unnecessary files that came with it.
Sorry I don't understand. You are creating a DVD which is playable in standard players and needs to meet a set of standards for such which has additional files for the menu, chapters, ....on and on to be compatible. This won't be a simple single file on the DVD if that's your expectation. But you did create a DVD from the disc image so you now know proper disc orientation in your DVD writer.

Quote I also would like to ask, How can I create the DVD(2CD) direct on a USB? I tried to create on USB right after Produce (from the file produced). It won't copy, the message was not enough space on a 16GB USB when the produced file was only 5.7GB??. I am not creating BD or AVCHD.
Not sure what you mean here. I don't know what a DVD(2CD) is.

Are you trying to imply after you produced a file you would like to simply copy that file to a USB vs creating a DVD compliant media, with windows explorer so you don't get all these unnecessary files? If so, your USB was probably formatted in FAT32 which won’t accept a 5.7GB file. Reformat USB stick to NTFS and then you can copy your 5.7GB file to the USB stick with windows explorer.

Jeff
EdEscall [Avatar]
[Post New]
So your new Screenshot (10).png is the same error as your old Screenshot (4).png but you claim the system won't even recognize the disc. Sorry I don't understand.

Thanks for the new Screenshot (8).png for the old Screenshot (2).png, it's clear you used those settings then. However, Screenshot (9).png is entirely new and now tells one that it did recognize the disc, but the disc simply is not empty. That's progress. Did you verify it is empty with windows explorer? You may think it's empty but may have been initialized already from your previous attempts if not a brand new disc.

Ed note:
The disk I used when I tried to re-Create Disk/2D Disk/DVD was a brand new disk (direct from the Package). Without a prompt to insert the disk, I manually inserted the disk in Drive E. Then I hit Burn In 2D. Then Screenshot3 is displayed. Then I hit Start Burning. Then Screenhot6 appeared. Why the system is still asking to insert a disk when the disk is already there?

Sorry I don't understand. You are creating a DVD which is playable in standard players and needs to meet a set of standards for such which has additional files for the menu, chapters, ....on and on to be compatible. This won't be a simple single file on the DVD if that's your expectation. But you did create a DVD from the disc image so you now know proper disc orientation in your DVD writer.

Ed Note:
Just to clarify when I said I tried the option Save As Disk Image. The created DVD file was created in my Harddrive (drive C). Then I copied it to a Disk where it produces unnecessary files.

Not sure what you mean here. I don't know what a DVD(2CD) is.

Ed Note:
DVD(2CD), I mean it's the folder I selected to click DVD video

Are you trying to imply after you produced a file you would like to simply copy that file to a USB vs creating a DVD compliant media, with windows explorer so you don't get all these unnecessary files? If so, your USB was probably formatted in FAT32 which won’t accept a 5.7GB file. Reformat USB stick to NTFS and then you can copy your 5.7GB file to the USB stick with windows explorer.

Ed Note:
Copying to USB worked when I formatted the USB to NFTS. I know now to format it to NFTS before copying. Thanks.

Jeff
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
EdEscall - I have seen this before. Sometimes there are bad brand new discs in the package. Can you say take a different one from the center of the pack and put it in the burner and let us know if it works now.

You can also check burn to folder and uncheck burn to disc. You can then burn that created folder using free software later.
EdEscall [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote EdEscall - I have seen this before. Sometimes there are bad brand new discs in the package. Can you say take a different one from the center of the pack and put it in the burner and let us know if it works now.

You can also check burn to folder and uncheck burn to disc. You can then burn that created folder using free software later.

Ed Note:
Thank you guys, Jeff & Tomasc for all your informative resolutions, and especially for your patience. All that I wanted to accomplish - to make a DVD video into a disk through CREATE DISK feature & to save/copy the produced DVD files to a USB, now I can do successfully. I learned, that if the Create Disk doesn't work on the CD I am using, that I should try to use another brand new one from the package and when to Burn it, in the burning option to check out the radio button for CD/CDPlayer (this probably also required) for CD burning. And later, when copying the PRODUCE DVD file to a USB, to check/verify that the USB is in NFTS format and had enough space.

I think I'm Ok now and all set to proceed to enhance my Cyberlink experience. Thank you again.