Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Microsoft Edge problems with missing text.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Have this problem with the Microsoft Edge web browser to view displayed text in the Cyberlink Community forums. This is the default web browser supplied with Windows 10. Over the years I have used MSIE and Chrome web browsers with my win 7 pc. The posts are complete.

Decided to use Windows 10 more now. Have been seeing my posts text replies being truncated or have missing text. Other users' posts also have missing text. See the screenshots comparing what is seen in Edge and IE in Windows 10. Checked on a different Win 10 laptop with MS Edge and saw missing text on one post but not on another. I have tried MS Word, Google Docs, and copied the text to Wordpad or Notepad to strip off any formatting characters. Copy and pasted the text from Notepad to the PD forums and it did not help. I tried typing directly to the message area and still see some problems.

Windows 10 with the Edge default browser is not working well in the PD forums. Please see the screenshots and acknowledge that it happens on Edge in your pc too.

[Thumb - MS Edge truncated text1.jpg]
 Filename
MS Edge truncated text1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Missing text from a contributor's reply.
 Filesize
514 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
50 time(s)
[Thumb - MS Edge truncated text.jpg]
 Filename
MS Edge truncated text.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Missing text from my reply.
 Filesize
460 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
46 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
View when logged into the forum on your Edge browser and see if you have the same issues.

Jeff
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote View when logged into the forum on your Edge browser and see if you have the same issues.

Jeff

I'm always logged in and I often see these exact issues. I've even had to click on the Edit button to make sure my full content actually posted, because refreshing over and over still doesn't bring in the full text. My signature line is also missing most times I've checked

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I'm always logged in and I often see these exact issues. I've even had to click on the Edit button to make sure my full content actually posted, because refreshing over and over still doesn't bring in the full text. My signature line is also missing most times I've checked

Not an Edge user, but apparently occurs when logged in as well so my guess was wrong.

Forum software, JForum 2.1.8 with 10/2008 release (11+ years ago) might be partially related too. Original developer support is now obsolete but another party working issues with 2.6.2 release as of 8/2019.

Maybe CL should consider much needed forum improvements as a whole, last update brought many issues so hopefully it would be evaluated better than prior effort.

Jeff
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank You Jeff and Optodata for your response. Here are the links to be posts where the screenshots were made.

Link to screenshot where I typed in the PD forums a year ago in response to a recent post for PD17: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/78825.page#323664 .

Link to screenshot where a contributor responded to my recent post: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/81904.page#post_box_337284 .

Since I am still logged in to the PD forums, the two links to the above post appear to be complete in Edge at this moment. I did check with my android phone and iPad without logging in and the posts appear complete without logging in.

If this forum software is from 2008 then maybe I will write a support ticket to let them know that the Windows 10 default browser edge is not working well. I believe that Cyberlink software should work properly with Windows 10 components. Will post again after writing the support ticket.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
This Windows 10 Edge browser problem has been reported on Ticket ID: CS002139241 .