CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Getting New Computer
Reply to this topic
JohnJay75 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Nov 20, 2019 23:25 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Can I Switch computers with same license key if I uninstall PD365/App Mgr from My old One? My computer just isnt fast enough and have to upgrade it for better use with program...
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 5397 Offline
[Post New]
Yes you can. You may also want to pack any current projects on the old computer to be finished on the new one.
JohnJay75 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Yes you can. You may also want to pack any current projects on the old computer to be finished on the new one.

im packing them on a separate hard drive to be transferred, will that work too? I'd imagine it would....
optodata
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 5757 Offline
[Post New]
That should work fine, since all your media content will be copied into the drive when you pack the project(s).

I just wanted to mention that you're allowed to install the subscription version on more than one computer so long as you only use one machine at a time.

Most people would do that with a laptop and desktop, or with two desktops in different locations, and if you're actually getting rid of your old machine you should uninstall PD365 from there to free up the license for a future computer. If you decide to keep your old computer and might occasionally use it for editing, there's no need to uninstall PD.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win10 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 2070 | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
JohnJay75 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote That should work fine, since all your media content will be copied into the drive when you pack the project(s).

I just wanted to mention that you're allowed to install the subscription version on more than one computer so long as you only use one machine at a time.

Most people would do that with a laptop and desktop, or with two desktops in different locations, and if you're actually getting rid of your old machine you should uninstall PD365 from there to free up the license for a future computer. If you decide to keep your old computer and might occasionally use it for editing, there's no need to uninstall PD.

1. Sorry to keep bothering you… But I appreciate all your help. Just one last thing, the subscription license with that be on my homepage for cyber link or is it in the application manager itself. Or do I only have to install the application manager afterwards or can I just back that up as well and load it onto my new computer from my back up drive

optodata
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 5757 Offline
[Post New]
None of us work for Cyberlink, but if you're planning to discard your old PC, I would uninstall everything from the App Manager (if you only have PD, you can right click on it and choose Uninstall), and then you'll also need to uninstall the App Manager itself using the normal Windows uninstaller. You can also uninstall PD using the Windows uninstaller, whichever is easier.

The only thing you need to transfer to your external drive/new PC is the App Manager installer. You can also download a new copy from your subscritpion management page. Note that you can only manage payments there, not which computers you've installed the software on, which is why I suggested uninstalling before discarding.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win10 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 2070 | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Reply to this topic