Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Availability of TrueTheater Advanced Enhancement function in TV mode
PeterProg22 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 15, 2020 22:21 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I recently purchased PowerDVD 19 Ultra and I'm very pleased with it so far. I had just one question that I can't see addressed explicitly in the Help features or the User's Guide. It relates to the TrueTheater functionality in PC Mode versus TV mode.

In PC mode, the full range of TrueTheater functionality is available by right-clicking on the TrueTheater effects button, with option tabs for both Smart Enhancement and Advanced Enhancement. Left-clicking on the same button simply allows you to toggle the effects on and off.

However, in TV mode, right-clicking on the TrueTheater effects button doesn't open up the TrueTheater functionality setting. Left-clicking opens up a box that provides for relatively simple video and audio adjustments at 0%, 25%, 50%, 75% and 100%, which I guess are broadly equivalent to the Smart Enhancement options in PC mode.

First question - is this how things are designed to be, or am I missing something - are the Advanced Enhancment features of TrueTheater functionality designed to be available only in PC mode and not TV mode?

And second, is there a logic to this, is there a reason why Advanced Enhancement features are not enabled in TV mode?

I can achieve all that I want in terms of Advanced Enhancement functionality by working exclusively in PC mode, but I just wanted to check, should I occasionally want to use TV mode, that I am not overlooking something that would open up the Advanced Enhancement option in TV mode as well?

Cheers
Peter
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
First question - is this how things are designed to be, or am I missing something - are the Advanced Enhancment features of TrueTheater functionality designed to be available only in PC mode and not TV mode?

And second, is there a logic to this, is there a reason why Advanced Enhancement features are not enabled in TV mode?

Hi,

1. That is how it is designed.

2. I am guessing it is because TV mode is designed for remote control use, so the controls are going to be simpler. Same for all the settings in PowerDVD. All the advanced settings are in PC Mode.

Dave
PeterProg22 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 15, 2020 22:21 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks very much Dave, much appreciated.

Peter