Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PDR365 and Youtube
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi folks,

I don't normally use the PDR Youtube uploader but I followed the difficulties some folk have had.

Just out of interest, I tried it this morning and, once I'd completed all the Youtube/CyberLink authorisations properly (it's obviously years since I did it originally!), everything seemed to work fine.

2 videos uploaded without difficulty - just as I would have expected.

Maybe it's fixed now, anyone else like to try?

Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
It worked like a charm for me! Thanks very much for testing it and spreading the good news

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
gents.
it might have fixed then it might not have. does it ask to label the videos if the contents are made for kids???

it all came from the FTC judgement($170 million) against Google parent company of YouTube. Tomasc has mentioned about this but PD users are ignorant of the fact.

it's all about Children's Online Privacy Protection Act. any and all videos you've uploaded to the YouTube must declare that the videos are either made for kids or not. if Youtube uploader refused to comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act or mislabeling the videos(and or none) then there will be fines($10,000 per violation) levied against individual not CyberLink and or Google(YouTube). on top of that don't forget the legal and court fees, too.

if the videos are monetized then it'll be automatiically demonetized per YouTube policy dated Jan2020 or after Sep2019.

i have to label all my videos on my channel to no kids and do not block under age 18, it's made for all ages etc.

if your videos are uploaded through CyberLink then i strongly suggest visit your YouTube channels and label properly each uploaded videos...

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garabge out' 'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You bring up some good points, PepsiMan.

Producing in PD and manually uploading to YT brings up the new YT upload screen in your browser, where you have to declare whether it's made for kids or not:

Meanwhile, while the upload feature is now working again, PD itself hasn't been updated, so there are no changes on that end to add the required info needed to upload newly produced videos to YT.

As a result, when you look at your clips in YT Studio, the Restrictions setting of new content directly uploaded from PD shows None and you'll have to click on the pencil (Details) icon to manually change the setting:

Also note that the only 2 choices for Visibility when uploading videos directly from PD are Public and Private, whereas manually uploading videos allows you to choose Unlisted, which is what most people think of when they say the video is "private."

Unlisted means that you can share the video's URL with anyone (like on this forum), but other people can't find it with a search or otherwise view it without the actual URL (link).

Private, on the other hand, is far more restrictive, and requires the publisher (you) to whitelist every YT account that's allowed to view it. Even if you have the video's URL, you can't watch it unless you're also logged in to an approved account.

That limitation right there is enough to keep me from using PD to directly upload content, since the vast majority of my nearly 1200 videos are Unlisted.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 26. 2020 15:02

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks to everyone for testing the PD18 and previous version online upolads to YouTube. Decided to check it out myself.

PD17 online Uploads to YouTube is working properly again today. PD17 locked up after that but the video appears properly on YouTube as good as if I uploaded it manually. I normally upload manually at 1080/60p with 5.1 audio to YouTube. This profile is simplified as 1080/30p with stereo audio when using the PD17 online option. The shared timeline appears in the DirectorZone. I have not used this function previously in PD17.

A bit of good news for PD17 users who choose to use the online YT uploading. I carefully looked at each box of information to fill in and choose Public instead of Private. The selection may be different in the 365 version. My video also appears in a device in which I am not signed in.
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Great news! Thank you for testing. Appreciate the reminder about going to YouTube and selecting whether the video is made for kids or not. This is critical to insuring videos are monetized appropriately. Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.