CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Install on other than Drive C?
Reply to this topic
Eric Johnson [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Feb 15, 2020 14:25 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
My drive C is about 90% full. Can I re-install the Cyber suite so that it runs from Drive D?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 5397 Offline
[Post New]
Yes you should be able to place it on a different drive. When you start the installation you should see the dialog box where you should be able to change it by browseing to the drive and folder desired. I would simply change the drive letter from c to d. If not found create the needed folders like the program file and program file(x86) ones.
[Post New]
Quote My drive C is about 90% full. Can I re-install the Cyber suite so that it runs from Drive D?

Hello,
Yes you can. In the fourth installation window for CMS 16, there is browse button to select a different drive. See attached image.

You didn't specify which version you had, but the installation for other version should have a similar window.

Cheers
CMS Moderator
[Thumb - 4th.jpg]
 Filename
4th.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
111 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 19. 2020 20:27

Eric Johnson [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Feb 15, 2020 14:25 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]

Hello,
Yes you can. In the fourth installation window for CMS 16, there is browse button to select a different drive. See attached image.

You didn't specify which version you had, but the installation for other version should have a similar window.

Cheers
CMS Moderator

Thank you both.

Eric Johnson
Philosofree [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Apr 20, 2020 09:29 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I tried installing POWERDIRECTOR 18 on my E: drive for the same reason.
It installed, but the associated packs did not connect for some reason.

I have tried sending support tickets, and of the 5 I sent, all different, I got the same reply, "We have addressed your problem - just reload."

Did anyone succeed in getting the packs loaded correctly?
Does anyone get any help from submitting a ticket?

Philosofree
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 5397 Offline
[Post New]
If that E drive is an external drive forget it. You need to install it to an internal hard drive to avoid windows issues when that external drive is connected and disconnected.

You may want to add a larger internal hard drive if needed for installing future programs and data or move old data and documents, etc. to a different drive for now.
Reply to this topic