CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Where are all the DVD menus
Reply to this topic
Kayaker [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jul 13, 2014 09:23 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
So since the new website layout, with me moving and so on, I've ignored the fact that I can't find all the hundreds of uploaded menus I use to browse through for use in my PD12. And after 10 mins on the site, I still can't find them. I searched for menus, and found only 23. Where are they located now?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 5192 Offline
[Post New]
Using PD12/Create Disc/Download Temp... My Google Chrome page open to the DZ DVD Menus page and by scrolling I see 30 of them on the first page. There are 286 more pages to go while replying just now!!
Kayaker [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the reply.
However, went exactly where you said (had been there before too) and_my default browser FireFox did not open. All I see there are the old templates I previously downloaded. The link I'm looking for use to be reached right off my Cyberlink emails I received. Certainly the uploaded menus can be still reached directly off there website, or has that changed Cyberlink?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 5192 Offline
[Post New]
Several possibilities here to help you. First sign out of the DZ in PD12 Preferences. Close and reopen PD12. Clear the browser cache in FireFox. Change the defauly browser to Google Chrome or Internet Explorer. Look at the browser page carefully and choose a selection to navigate yourself out of your previously downloaded page to something else on that page.

If you tried all the selections above and can't get out of it then contact Cyberlink support and write a ticket for how to navigate out of your previously downloaded page in FireFox. They will help you.
[Post New]
Hello Kayaker,

Welcome to the DirectorZone forum. laughing

tomasc's suggestion about changing your default browser may well assist with your issue, but there's certainly a user-end problem with DZ!

Using Firefox, Chrome or Edge as the default browser, when I access the DVD Menus via PDR > Create Disc > Menu Preferences > Download Templates, I see 8575 menu templates (browser choice doesn't make a difference).

If I go to DirectorZone (not via PDR), using each of the above browsers, limited numbers of DVD Menu Templates are displayed!

Microsoft Edge: 566
Google Chrome: 17
Mozilla Firefox: 17

This is an issue only CL can fix. I'll report it.

PIX PhD CDR ADR DZ MVL PP Forum Moderator
PIX YouTube channel
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 4319 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello Kayaker,

Welcome to the DirectorZone forum. "laughing"

tomasc's suggestion about changing your default browser may well assist with your issue, but there's certainly a user-end problem with DZ!

Using Firefox, Chrome or Edge as the default browser, when I access the DVD Menus via PDR > Create Disc > Menu Preferences > Download Templates, I see 8575 menu templates (browser choice doesn't make a difference).

If I go to DirectorZone (not via PDR), using each of the above browsers, limited numbers of DVD Menu Templates are displayed!

PIX

If you need something now, in the browser, you might try selecting "Magic Style" and then back to "DVD Menus" and you will have the 8500+ DVD Menus that you quote.

Jeff
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote If I go to DirectorZone (not via PDR), using each of the above browsers, limited numbers of DVD Menu Templates are displayed!

PIX

The default is Uploaded: This Month on the top left just above the menu thumbnail. That is why only 17 is showing in Google Chrome, or IE on mine. Change that drop down arrow selection from "This Month" to something else like "All Times" and see the 8575 templates that JL reported.
[Post New]
Thank you gentlemen,

I feel quite silly now embarassed but that default "Uploaded - This Month" may be at the root of the OP's query. Very good observation, Jeff, about flicking to Magic Style, then back to DVD Menus. That's a quirky thing.

I'm relieved I didn't rush off a message to CyberLink!

PIX PhD CDR ADR DZ MVL PP Forum Moderator
PIX YouTube channel
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 4319 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Very good observation, Jeff, about flicking to Magic Style, then back to DVD Menus. That's a quirky thing.

Not really a quirk I don't think, the "Magic Style" I suggested does not offer the same selection logic so it resets the toggles. Whereas "Titles" does so selecting that you don't get the selection logic reset.

I do think something is different though as I did not recall the limited selection being default upon page loading with the download issue a week or so ago.

Jeff
Kayaker [Avatar]
[Post New]
JL_JL
Thanks so much for the direct link to the menus, this solved my immedite issue of just finding the menus on the site. Looks like the menus are hidden or stored, under Cyberlink.com, then Director Zone, then the first Templates box for PD (Menu icon is not there), then finally the obvoius DVD Menus selection. My thanks to all that responded as well.
I will lightly troubleshoot obtaining the menus from within PD12 at a later date. And maybe an update is in order anyway, lol.
chet
Reply to this topic