Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How To Import Multiple Photos at the same time???
[Post New]
Hello Community Forum,

Here is my problem: I have a folder on my Windows 10 desktop. In this folder, I have say 100 pictures. I select about 5 pictures by either left-clicking and then shift left-click a row of pics (ie. multi-select), or I Control left-click some random pics.

NOW I right-click any of the selected photos and choose Open with Photo Director 9.

When Photo Director opens, lo and behold, only ONE photo gets imported. The others never make it over. It says "One photo was imported" and it shows it to me.

Even if I click and drag the photos from the folder into Photo Director directly, only some get manually imported even though the import window shows me the exact # I am importing. I just tried it with 5 photos and only 2 got imported. The duplicate photo did not get reimported.

I'm not going crazy. Try this right now on your PhotoDirector and let me know how it goes before replying.

And, oh! If you have the answer as to what I'm doing wrong, please help me

Thanks!!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Why not simply use File > Import > Folder...?

I don't have PhD 9 installed, but PhD 7 and 11 work in all the ways you've described. For example, when selecting a bunch of images in File Explorer and dragging them onto PhD 7, I get this import screen:

When I highlight a bunch of pics in File Explorer, right-click and choose Open with Cyberlink PhotoDirector 11, they all appear along the bottom row correctly, although the confirmation message isn't very clear about what just happened because it mentions "the photo":

If you're not seeing this behavior, I suggest uninstalling PhD 9 using the Windows uninstaller. You can keep your personalized settings if prompted to delete them, and then reinstall the app.

BE SURE that you have the original installer before doing this, otherwise you'll have to send a support request to Cyberlink (possibly along with proof of purchase if you didn't originally purchase PhD9 from their website) and wait for them to respond.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 06. 2020 22:44

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
PowerDirector Tutorials
Senior Member Location: Tennessee Joined: Sep 29, 2014 20:25 Messages: 192 Offline
[Post New]
File - Import Folder

Place all photos in that folder

Quote Hello Community Forum,

Here is my problem: I have a folder on my Windows 10 desktop. In this folder, I have say 100 pictures. I select about 5 pictures by either left-clicking and then shift left-click a row of pics (ie. multi-select), or I Control left-click some random pics.

NOW I right-click any of the selected photos and choose Open with Photo Director 9.

When Photo Director opens, lo and behold, only ONE photo gets imported. The others never make it over. It says "One photo was imported" and it shows it to me.

Even if I click and drag the photos from the folder into Photo Director directly, only some get manually imported even though the import window shows me the exact # I am importing. I just tried it with 5 photos and only 2 got imported. The duplicate photo did not get reimported.

I'm not going crazy. Try this right now on your PhotoDirector and let me know how it goes before replying.

And, oh! If you have the answer as to what I'm doing wrong, please help me

Thanks!!
[Post New]
Optodata & PowerDirector Tutorials,

As always, thank you for the ultra quick replies. Much appreciated.

The main reason I don't want to do a File -> Import -> Folder is because I don't want to import all the pictures in the big folder

However, you gave me a very good idea. I will move only the photos that I want to multi-import into their own dedicated folder and import them in 1 shot using the method above!

Thanks again for your help.