CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cyberlink preinstalled suite failed to reinstall after compter cras
Reply to this topic
cyrildavies [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jan 04, 2020 23:12 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I suffered a computer crash and had to reinstall windows. On reinstall I received the following message of pre-installed apps not reinstalled:
CyberLink LabelPrintCyberLink Corp.2.5.1.5510
CyberLink Media Suite 10
CyberLink Corp.10.0.1.1916
CyberLink PhotoDirector
CyberLink Corp.2.0.1.3109
CyberLink Power2Go 8
CyberLink Corp.8.0.1.1902
CyberLink PowerDirector 10
CyberLink Corp.10.0.1.1925
CyberLink PowerDVDCyberLink Corp.10.0.1.4407
CyberLink YouCam
Can you advise if these can be reinstalled/activated. I am an 85 year old 'novice' in technical jargon, but cabable of followin jargon-free instructions. Thank you
Cyril Davies
optodata
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 4210 Online
[Post New]
Hi Cyrik

As this is a user forum, I suggest you contact tech support for your computer. The preinstalled suite is licensed from Cyberlink by the computer manufacturer, and they should be able to provide you with a system image that will reinstall all of the original software.

You didn't mention how long you've had the system, but Media Suite 10 came out in 2012 and the most recent version I can find is v16, which came out in 2017. That implies that you're long out of any warranty on the computer, and some manufacturers may charge a nominal fee to send a replacement image on DVDs or on a USB drive. It will also include an older version of Windows, so you'd have to go through the upgrade process again.

If you don't get anywhere with the manufacturer, you could try contacting Cyberlink Customer Service to see if they can provide installers for Media Suite 10 directly. However, I don't think the odds are great if the manufacturer isn't able to get you what you need.

You could certainly ask customer service if you could get the upgrade price from Media Suite 10 to v16, or you could get the newest versions of the software that you really use, which might be less expensive.
youtube/optodata

DS365 | Win10 Pro | 8 Core/16T i9-9900K (4.8GHz) | RTX 2070 | 32GB RAM | 6TB SSDs

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | HF S200 (HD 30p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
cyrildavies [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jan 04, 2020 23:12 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you for the detailed options. I shall work through those as time permits. The computer is about 5 years old but little used as I had an old favourite (12 year old running Vista with all my favourite programs, but that died a few weeks before, and, as the gods deceed, Windows 10 would not accept the Vista backups, so I had spent the intervening time building the current one when it too died, but, fortunately I could resurrect it with some shortfalls. At least it keeps the grey matter active. Thanks again. Cyril
Reply to this topic