Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
transfer settings from one photo or video to others?
lwdgrfx1964 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 28, 2019 00:47 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, everyone! 'Newbie' here when it comes to YouCam

I've just started using YouCam - and YouCam 9 has just come out so I downloaded YouCam 9 Deluxe.

I'm a little confused by it but I plan to go through all the tutorials and get up to speed.

One feature I thought would exist does not seem to as far as I can tell.

I always shoot RAW files with my Nikon. I then important them and process them with Adobe Camera Raw.

Happily, I do not need to every adjustment each time I look at a new file because I can take the settings from a file is pretty close to what I will want for the majority of my photos from that day's shooting. I then save one photo I feel has the right settings in its native NEF formet and it's 'sidecar' xmp file with it. I can then select 100 files if I will and tell ACR to transfer the settings of the file I like to all of them. It saves a lot of time and I can still fine tune them if some don't fit well with my standard settings.

The connection with YouCam? I just spent a lot of time setting up everything I wanted for a self portrait. I used the skin smoother, the shine remover, etc. Let's call this photo 'Portrait #1' When I went to the next self portrait I also liked, I assumed that I would be able to use the first photos settings (which were still in the external sidecar xmp file) and apply them to 'Portrait #2'

However.....I found no way to do this. I realize that I can change what the 'default' is but what if I decide that the settings for Portrait 1 (which I have made the default settings) do not, in fact, quite apply to 'Portrait #3'

I can do this quite easily in Adobe Camera Raw but if there's an easy way to do this in YouCam 9, I haven't found it.

Is there?

I'll appreciate any help with this you'll send my way if you'd be so kind.

I also want standard settings to apply to my image when I'm walking one-to-one with a friend.

Many thanks,

Lucian Dixon
Jackson, MS

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 28. 2019 01:24

Forum Moderator [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2018 01:01 Messages: 578 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

YouCam does not have such advanced settings. You'd need to purchase a photo adjustment program like PhotoDirector to get such results.

Cheers,
YouCam Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 30. 2019 00:45

Please direct any sales or technical issues to CyberLink's customer support team:

Sales or installation related issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do

Software technical issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/sup