Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
ciber link power director, director zone and youtube
ana elsa [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 27, 2019 13:55 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
am i allowed to use this program and director zone tools to monetize my videos in youtube ???
PowerDirector Tutorials
Senior Member Location: Tennessee Joined: Sep 29, 2014 20:25 Messages: 192 Offline
[Post New]
Quote am i allowed to use this program and director zone tools to monetize my videos in youtube ???

yes PowerDirector Tutorials Team
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
That's a very good question, and to expand on the previous answer a bit, the license terms of the codecs included in PD actually do state that they are only for personal use and that you must separately acquire a commercial license.

The plausible loophole there is that while you're almost certainly going to use one of those codecs to create your original video, YT will transcode it into a different streaming format which isn't part of PD's licensing terms, so you should be in the clear.

The included sound effects, music and other CL-provided content are allowed to be used on YouTube.

In my experience, the bigger issue is YT's recently increased requirements to even be able to monetize your channel, as in the minimum number of subscribers and views. Those are now the most substantial barriers to generating revenue, and it's unlikely that you would be under any real pressure for commercial licenses if you used your own content along with any that comes with PD.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
PowerDirector Tutorials
Senior Member Location: Tennessee Joined: Sep 29, 2014 20:25 Messages: 192 Offline
[Post New]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 28. 2019 17:18

PowerDirector Tutorials Team