Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Moving A Clip On the Timeline With A Hotkey?
edwardrudman [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 08, 2019 13:56 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Greetings,

Let's say I have dragged 3 clips to my timeline, and there is some spacing between each clip. Instead of clicking on a clip and dragging it backwards until it "locks in" to the previous clip, is there a way to "select" a cli with the mouse, and then hit a hotkey combination that would automatically move the clip back and "lock" it adjacent to the previous clip? If not, then it's a heck of a lot of clicking and dragging when I have a large bunch of clips on the timeline.

Thanks for any pointers,
Ed R.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Might be easier to zoom in and select the gap area between clips with a right mouse click and then "Remove and Move Clips on the Same Track" to move them together. Another option is Alt and then left or right arrow to move a clip one frame at a time.

Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 14. 2019 21:50