Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Downloads from DirectorZone do not stay within the PD 18 application!
AprilGiven [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 23, 2019 21:34 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I am able to bring in all the downloads I have got from DirectorZone, but they do not stay within the PowerDirector 18 app when I close the app down. They successfully merge to the c/users/public/cyberlink/downloads files after I bring them into the program... but after I open up the application again the "Downloads" are nowhere to be seen in my Titles, Transitions, Particles etc.

Been up and down all the tutorials to make this work....

So far I have:
1) Automatically set up PowerDirector to run as Admin
2) Automatically set-up DZ files to run with Effect Extractor
3) Changed output folder for directorzone downloads to c/users/public/cyberlink/downloads
4) Uninstalled and re-installed PowerDirector

My problem is not related to:
4:3 vs. 16:9 ratio
some random problem with a download

There must be a way to bring in the downloads to PowerDirector, and have them also STAY within the App when you close it down, right?????

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 12. 2019 20:27

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Wow, I've never heard of this happening before, and you've certainly gone above and beyond to research, document and try and prevent this issue.

I assume that if you install the same items after opening PD and starting a new session, that they appear as expected and you don't see any duplicates. When you check the downloads folder, do you see that there are now newer folders present?

If so, what happens to those folders if you right-click on the new items from PD's library and delete them?

On my system, the downloaded items are in a different folder, namely x:\OneDrive\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\18.0 (where drive x: is where I've told Windows to save my OneDrive files), and there are 5 subfolders there for the various categories of downloaded items:

What happens if you change the DZ output folder to that location on your PC? If you don't use OneDrive, just use the normal \Documents\... path.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 12. 2019 13:07

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
AprilGiven [Avatar]
[Post New]
My apologies I'm not sure I explained myself correctly.

Please let me know if you understand:

My downloads appear in my computer and in all the folders, but they are not appearing in PowerDirector after I close down the program and restart it.

So basically, I can install thousands of templates during a work session no problem. Everything is in working order and in my DirectorZone public "Download" folders, but when I close down the computer and restart the computer all of those downloads are no longer in the PowerDirector app workspace when I start a new work session. I am planning on stocking up with thousands and thousands of effects to work with in PowerDirector and need them to remain in the program when I openPowerDirector again.

Please let me know if this is what you understood and if so Ill follow your previous instructions.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, I understand completely and I apologize if my responses weren't clear.

What I'm asking you to do is to use File Explorer to check that the folders where the downloaded items are stored do not somehow get deleted when you close PD.

I'm also interested to see if any of those folders are deleted when you remove the some of the visible downloaded items from within PD, like this:

Finally, Im asking you to see if installing the downloaded items to a different folder has any impact. You will almost certainly need to get CL tech support involved at some point, and the more details you can provide upfront, the better.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I have seen this exact problem with a pc 10 years ago. An IT man passed away. His wife claimed that she cannot update anything on the laprtop pc. She wanted to use a camera with messenger. Nothing she tried to install would take. The pc would always revert as if the program was not installed once powered down and restarted. Found that the pc belong to a paranoid man. He had layers of protection on it that is use in company computers such as blockers for messaging, skype, unauthorized shopping and dating websites, adobe flash, and more. Found and uninstalled three of them and half installed previous programs tried to install. lol

I agree with optodata that tech support should be able to help.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 12. 2019 14:47

AprilGiven [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for your inputs folks, I just reset my computer to factory settings and installed the program from a fresh start. Wouldn't you know everything is working perfect? I haven't had to make any more adjustments, my downloads appear in my PowerDirector every time I open up the program. Thank god!!!!
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Appreciate the feedback. Whatever software that was doing the blocking is removed when you reset either the pc or windows 10 to the original factory settings.