CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
DisplayPort works; HDMI doesn't
Reply to this topic
PhilTheDoc [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Nov 17, 2019 07:49 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I can play 4K UHD Blu-rays on my PC as long as the PC and monitor are connected using the onboard DisplayPort interface. if I change the connection to HDMI, I can't. Weird!

With a DisplayPort connection, Cyberlink Advisor passes everything. Switch to HDMI, everything passes except that HDCP 2.2 and HDR are reported as "not available".

This matters because I want to move the PC to the lounge to connect to my Samsung TV to watch 4K UHD Blu-rays in comfort - and I can't because the TV only has HDMI inputs. I've reied - no joy.

All drivers and software are up to date, and I've reinstalled the graphics driver and the Intel Management Engine. SGX is working OK. I've tried different HDMI cables - but I don't think that should make any difference. What's going on? Thanks!

Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX/ac
Core i7 9700K
Pioneer BDR-211EBK
Benq PD2700U monitor
PowerDVD 17
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Contributor Private Message Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 379 Offline
[Post New]
The best guess is that the Intel graphics or the motherboard cannot operate HDCP 2.2 authentication on the HDMI port specifically.

Update your Intel GPU driver from ASRock page (but not Intel page) to the latest version.
Update your BIOS from motherboard vendor's page (you should be very careful and know what your are doing because it might compromise the normal functionalities if anything goes wrong)

All above methods failed, contact ASRock for help.
PhilTheDoc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote The best guess is that the Intel graphics or the motherboard cannot operate HDCP 2.2 authentication on the HDMI port specifically.

Update your Intel GPU driver from ASRock page (but not Intel page) to the latest version.
Update your BIOS from motherboard vendor's page (you should be very careful and know what your are doing because it might compromise the normal functionalities if anything goes wrong)

All above methods failed, contact ASRock for help.

Thanks - all good suggestions. I've sent a request to ASRock for advice already, but I'll make sure everything else is up to date as per ASRock and I'll report back.
PhilTheDoc [Avatar]
[Post New]
I've made sure the graphics driver is the latest on the ASRock website, and the BIOS is the latest as well. No joy. Still no HDCP 2.2 or HDR on the HDMI output. The DisplayPort works fine. No reply from ASRock support. There are a multitude of settings in the BIOS that I don't understand, but nothing that seems to have an impact on the HDMI output particularly. I'm now completely stuck.
Reply to this topic