CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
MediaShow not compatible with HEIC files or newer .MOV files.
Reply to this topic
Stevo1949 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: May 15, 2013 12:39 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
This application does not seem to be compatible with newer photo and video formats. MOV files only show white and HEIC files are not recognized. Just applied the newest update and the app is still not compatible with these newer formats. I guess I will not be buying any new versions until this is resolved. Windows 10 plays them just fine.
[Post New]
Quote I guess I will not be buying any new versions until this is resolved. Windows 10 plays them just fine.

The last new version of MediaShow came out in 2012, so that might explain why it doesn't work with these newer file types. All the recent patches were to fix Facebook API updates and minor bug fixes it seems.

What do you use MediaShow for exactly? There are a few other CL softwares that provide similar and more features than MedaiShow.

Dave
Stevo1949 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: May 15, 2013 12:39 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the response. If Cyberlink isn't going to update it to read newer formats they should retire it and quit selling it. I bought it because it seemed like one of the best for photo and video display at one time....but no longer. Kind of a waste of drive space now, probably should remove it. Thanks for your response!
Reply to this topic