Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Downloading templates as part of new purchase?
marc5 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 31, 2019 10:39 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi--new user, totally new to video editing except for a brief use of Windows 10 Photo video editor. Please forgive if questions seem elementary.

Just purchased PD18 last night. Downloaded and installed main program. Note said "Once the main program is installed, you can install the 11 additional Content Pack files to get all the effects, templates and menus for the program." I was then presented with a list of 14 files with a download symbol next to each one. I started to download the first one and quickly realized it was the main program, so I cancelled it. Then I started to download the other files, one by one. The first one was 2GB! I downloaded a total of 4 files before I clicked a back button on the page and it disappeared. Now I can't find the list of the other files to download. Where would I find them? And am I on the right track? I'm wondering if all those files would download together from some other place. And do I need to install them? Or will the main program find them when I attempt to use them?

I have not attempted to use the main program yet--only on the Choose Aspect Ratio and Mode page.

Thanks for any help and ideas for this newbie.

Marc
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
Unless you saved the files to your hard drive, you will need to contact CyberLink support.
cyberlink@support-asknet.com

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 01. 2019 08:04

Ralph715 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 23, 2018 16:52 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Within a few minutes after you purchased PD, you should have received an email from the Cyberlink Online Store.

This email is VERY IMPORTANT - do NOT delete it!

That email messaege has the product key for PD as well as a complete set of clickable links to the download files for your purchase. You can download all the needed files from the links in that email.

Also - after downloading the files, make sure to back them up so they will not get lost or accidentally deleted.

Hope this helps!

Ralph
prevaljo [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 01, 2017 22:19 Messages: 105 Offline
[Post New]
I have a question about the 11/12 files that complete the Power Director Suite. I have just upgrade from PD17 to PD18 and went through the process of downloading and installing the content packs and templates etc. It seemed to my naive mind that many of these files for PD18 were similar or identical to those for PD17. Could I have avoided the pain of downloading and installing the complete set which presumeably I will have to do again for PD19 or is this the easiest way for Cyberlink to deliver the program.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have a question about the 11/12 files that complete the Power Director Suite. I have just upgrade from PD17 to PD18 and went through the process of downloading and installing the content packs and templates etc. It seemed to my naive mind that many of these files for PD18 were similar or identical to those for PD17. Could I have avoided the pain of downloading and installing the complete set which presumeably I will have to do again for PD19 or is this the easiest way for Cyberlink to deliver the program.

The answer is no because each PD version like 17 and 18 templates installs in a separate set of folders not accessible to the other. The downloaded templates and custom templates from earlier versions are accessible in newer versions of PD and can be used.

If you don’t download the contents for PD18 then those content in the previous version of PD17 are not available for use in PD18. You can use the PD17 contents in PD17 but not those in PD18 and vice versa except for the exceptions noted above.

If you feel that the previous version of PD is taking too much dissk space then you can always uninstall it since you will probably only use the newer version of PD. You cannot open and edit a project created in PD18 and later try to open it in PD17.