where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problems uninstalling Media Suite 12
Reply to this topic
Simon Sez [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Sep 10, 2016 23:24 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Dear forum members,

I'm having a problem. I'm attempting to uninstall Media Suite 12 and it's contents because I feel it's creating conflict with my other more advanced Cyberlink programs (mainly because Media Suite 12 has old programs that don't function the way the new gear I have on my computer function).

I'm running Windows 10 BTW.

Anyway, I've succeeded in removing all but 2 programs that continue to pop up when I go to the Uninstall Media Suite 12 program and one of those programs is Power2Go 8. When I try to uninstall this program using the InstallWizard I keep getting an error message in the pic below.

PowerDirector 12 is mentioning something about missing 'MUI' files and must be reinstalled. I don't have a clue what that is and I don't think I can reinstall it because it has already been deleted off my hardrives.

Anyone have any solutions on how to deal with this problem please? I don't want the old programs creating 'conflict of interest' with my newere programs when I upgrade.
[Thumb - DivXSnap-2019-09-28-11-07-48-580.jpg]
 Filename
DivXSnap-2019-09-28-11-07-48-580.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
82 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 5390 Offline
[Post New]
You did not state when you installed MediaSuite12, before or after you upgraded to Windows 10 on your pc. It is probably best if you do a fresh install of Win 10 if you are that concerned about it. In the past I find a reinstall of software the second time may help in this situation. You can then try uninstallation again.

You can also contact Cyberlink support for further help if this is not successful.
Simon Sez [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You did not state when you installed MediaSuite12, before or after you upgraded to Windows 10 on your pc. It is probably best if you do a fresh install of Win 10 if you are that concerned about it. In the past I find a reinstall of software the second time may help in this situation. You can then try uninstallation again.

You can also contact Cyberlink support for further help if this is not successful.

It was before the upgrade, plus it was a free upgrade from Microsoft itself (the Windows 10 I mean).

I'm worried that if I try to uninstall the Windows 10 platform now it might cause problems.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 5390 Offline
[Post New]
You should try a reinstall first of the MediaSuite. This should install the missing components to allow you to do a uninstal.
Simon Sez [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You should try a reinstall first of the MediaSuite. This should install the missing components to allow you to do a uninstal.

That might be a litte hard to do. I still have my product key for the Media Suite twelve, problem is I don't see the download for it anywhere in my download list when I go to prodcut management.

If I have to reinstall it, I'd like to do it without having to pay for the program all over again. I have Cyberlink Media Suite 12 Ultra and I don't think that program is available through Cyberlink for download anymore.
Simon Sez [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You should try a reinstall first of the MediaSuite. This should install the missing components to allow you to do a uninstal.

Would a Cyberlink cleaner work on removing the program and its components?
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
It looks like that you did not backup your original downloads. See this post on how others deal with such problems last year: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/76689.page#313822 . I do not know of a Cyberlink cleaner and never needed one. If the ideas presented in this post is not what you want to do then contacting Cyberlink support is the way to go.
Reply to this topic