Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Free Downloads
bigbrute [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 06, 2019 21:16 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
As a 365 subscriber, I just downloded a free "Motion Graphics Titles." I confused as to where this goes. When I go to the Title Room I don't see anything listed with that name. And I cannot find the file/folder location. Are the new titles simply mixed in with what I already have? Or are they somewhere listed separately? Thanks.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
This is a common problem, because many of the titles and effects will only work when the project's aspect ratio is the same as the downloaded content.

For example, if your project AR is 4:3, but the content you've added is 16:9, nothing new will show up. Change the AR at the very top of PD's window, and/or look for content with your desired AR.
[Post New]
Quote As a 365 subscriber, I just downloded a free "Motion Graphics Titles." I confused as to where this goes. When I go to the Title Room I don't see anything listed with that name. And I cannot find the file/folder location. Are the new titles simply mixed in with what I already have? Or are they somewhere listed separately? Thanks.

To find the Motion Graphics Titles, click on the title room or F7

You can see the Motion Graphics category (see the attached image.
[Thumb - 1.PNG]
 Filename
1.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
73 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
16 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 25. 2019 14:33

bigbrute [Avatar]
[Post New]

To find the Motion Graphics Titles, click on the title room or F7

You can see the Motion Graphics category (see the attached image.

That doesn't appear on my list
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote As a 365 subscriber, I just downloded a free "Motion Graphics Titles." I confused as to where this goes. When I go to the Title Room I don't see anything listed with that name. And I cannot find the file/folder location. Are the new titles simply mixed in with what I already have? Or are they somewhere listed separately? Thanks.

Hi,
If the new MGT pack is downloaded and installed correctly via CAM, then the newly installled MGTs did not show for me until I shut down and re-started PDR18.
If they are correctly installed, there should be 44 MGTs available in all Aspect Ratios.

On my system they are installed here, if you need to check further:
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\templates\Creative Design Pack\Motion Graphics Title Pack\Titles

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
GVideo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 23, 2016 14:03 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
How Motion Graphics Titles can create new ones ourselves.
bigbrute [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi,
If the new MGT pack is downloaded and installed correctly via CAM, then the newly installled MGTs did not show for me until I shut down and re-started PDR18.
If they are correctly installed, there should be 44 MGTs available in all Aspect Ratios.

On my system they are installed here, if you need to check further:
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\templates\Creative Design Pack\Motion Graphics Title Pack\Titles

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

I checked and like you said I found the Title pack in the correct file structure location. But it is not on the list of choices in the PD software in the Title Room. So it does exist on my computer but not in PD program. By the way I had Power Director 17 before then decided to get 365 which I did a short while back. I went to the control panel and I see that PD 17 is still installed. Would this make any difference? Should I delete it? Thanks.

Steve
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
After further testing, I've found that I also have an issue with the Motion Graphics Tiles Pack. It's built for PD16 and above, so PD17 and PD18 should work. However, in my testing with PD17, the pack doesn't show up at all, even after re-opening it after installing the pack, or after uninstalling and reinstalling the pack from the App Manager.

Like OP, I see the pack is installed exactly where it is on PDM 's machine, however that's a completely different folder than where all my other (and fully visible) packs are, which is C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\Templates\Creative Design Pack\

I tried moving the files to the same folder as the other packs, but PD still didn't display the Motion Graphics Titles

I then looked in the registry, and found that the pack info was also stored in a completely different branch: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CyberLink\PluginPack\Creative Design Pack\Motion Graphics Title Pack] instead of where all the others are, which is [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\CyberLink...

I exported the Motion Graphics key, then changed the location to match the other packs, and applied the fixed key by double-clicking on it. This time, PD show the content correctly, but I don't know if this is related to PD17 being installed or not. Basically, it doesn't matter where the files are located as long as the registry key is in the right section.

The fixed key is attached, and you can and should open it in a text editor to confirm that there isn't anything unexpected before applying it. By all means, make a backup copy of the entire registry (RegEdit, File | Export... All) before applying this fix!

Note that if the moderator doesn't want to have a registry fix attached here in the forum, please PM me.
 Filename
MGTP-fixed.reg
[Disk]
 Description
registry key fix
 Filesize
6 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
331 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 26. 2019 02:14

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
mikeoberoi [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 26, 2019 01:48 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
is that for real,

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 26. 2019 02:29

bigbrute [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote After further testing, I've found that I also have an issue with the Motion Graphics Tiles Pack. It's built for PD16 and above, so PD17 and PD18 should work. However, in my testing with PD17, the pack doesn't show up at all, even after re-opening it after installing the pack, or after uninstalling and reinstalling the pack from the App Manager.

Like OP, I see the pack is installed exactly where it is on PDM 's machine, however that's a completely different folder than where all my other (and fully visible) packs are, which is C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\Templates\Creative Design Pack\

I tried moving the files to the same folder as the other packs, but PD still didn't display the Motion Graphics Titles

I then looked in the registry, and found that the pack info was also stored in a completely different branch: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CyberLink\PluginPack\Creative Design Pack\Motion Graphics Title Pack] instead of where all the others are, which is [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\CyberLink...

I exported the Motion Graphics key, then changed the location to match the other packs, and applied the fixed key by double-clicking on it. This time, PD show the content correctly, but I don't know if this is related to PD17 being installed or not. Basically, it doesn't matter where the files are located as long as the registry key is in the right section.

The fixed key is attached, and you can and should open it in a text editor to confirm that there isn't anything unexpected before applying it. By all means, make a backup copy of the entire registry (RegEdit, File | Export... All) before applying this fix!

Note that if the moderator doesn't want to have a registry fix attached here in the forum, please PM me.

I have solved my issue and it turned out to be something very simple. As I said before I recently upgraded from PD 17 to 365. Yesterday when opening PD then clicking on the logo I discovered that I was opening PD 17, which still resides on my computer. I guess I assumed that when getting 365 it would "overwrite" the other and only PD 365 would be available. That's not the case. I still am not sure if I should delete PD 17 and is it "safe" to do so. Any comments on that issue would be appreciated. Thanks for all your efforts.

Steve
Philwild [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Hemel Hempstead, UK Joined: Oct 05, 2017 12:04 Messages: 208 Offline
[Post New]
There is no need to delete PD17, you can leave it there if you wish or delete it.

If you delete, you may need to make sure that any items (PIP objects, titles etc) that you created in PD17 are transferred to the 365 version.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

I have solved my issue and it turned out to be something very simple. As I said before I recently upgraded from PD 17 to 365. Yesterday when opening PD then clicking on the logo I discovered that I was opening PD 17, which still resides on my computer. I guess I assumed that when getting 365 it would "overwrite" the other and only PD 365 would be available. That's not the case. I still am not sure if I should delete PD 17 and is it "safe" to do so. Any comments on that issue would be appreciated. Thanks for all your efforts.
Steve

Hi,
This is not an uncommon issue. The key is the interaction between Windows default apps and a new version of a software package.
When installing a new version, it is always worth checking if you need the default app to change to the new version.
So, if your workflow is to select a .pds file and "auto-launch" PDR, as opposed to launching the new version of PDR and then opening the .pds file by browsing, then you may indeed be opening the "previous" version of PDR by default.

A quick check of the open version by clicking on the PowerDirector logo at the top right will open the info box and will help identify the problem.

Cheeers
PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 26. 2019 14:00

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Philwild [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Hemel Hempstead, UK Joined: Oct 05, 2017 12:04 Messages: 208 Offline
[Post New]
I have checked fully and I only have 14 of the motion Graphics titles.

I have created a ticket with tech support, CS002062623.

Phil
bigbrute [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote There is no need to delete PD17, you can leave it there if you wish or delete it.

If you delete, you may need to make sure that any items (PIP objects, titles etc) that you created in PD17 are transferred to the 365 version.

Thanks very much
nemesis1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 06, 2017 09:45 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have checked fully and I only have 14 of the motion Graphics titles.

I have created a ticket with tech support, CS002062623.

Phil

I too only have 14 Motion Graphic Titles, i upgraded from Powerdirector 16 to Powerdirector 18 Ultimate, will be interesting to see the tech support response
[Thumb - MotionGraphics.JPG]
 Filename
MotionGraphics.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
70 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
Philwild [Avatar]
[Post New]
I had this response from Cyberlink Support.

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.

We understand that you wish to know how to get or access the rest of your motion graphic titles in Director Suite 365. We are more than willing to assist you.

With reference to your query, please be advised that the default total number of motion graphic titles available in it's own category is 14. However there are other motion graphic titles that are spread out on different themed categories (Fitness, Comics, Graduation, etc.)

If you wish to view all the titles and content that you have downloaded and installed on your computer, you may click on the "All Content" category.
Please feel free to contact us back for further clarification or assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the link below to get back to us:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

Phil
Philwild [Avatar]
[Post New]
Another wrinkle to this. I have 365 on another laptop; I downloaded the motion graphics to that machine and there I have 44 titles!

I was hoping to delete them from my main machine and reload, but I can't find them in the windows uninstall, I'm loathe to just delete them in the folder in case I can't use any.

Phil
Philwild [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have solved this issue by copying the titles from my other laptop to my main one.

I now have 44 motion graphics titles.

Phil