Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Uploading MP4 video - static/white noise audio
clizzark [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 19, 2019 22:09 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hey There!

Trying to edit a video to post on Instagram in the morning!

I am so glad I found Power Director as it is so easy to use on a Chromebook. I plan to use this a TON for a lot of projects.

Issue: I am uploading an MP4 video into PD and when I hit play - it is loud static/white noise type sound. For context, the video is of two people talking.

When I play the video on the video player outside of PD - it works completely fine.

I have upgraded to premium, restarted the app multiple times, restarted the computer, reuploaded multiple times - nothing is wokring.

I also uploaded and messed around with a video I downloaded off of YT earlier today and that one worked fine.

Further details - the video was shot on a Sony camera, transferred to a computer, and then uploaded to Google Drive. I then downloaded from GD to this Chromebook.

Thanks for any help!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 06. 2019 23:11

FireDex [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 10, 2019 10:14 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Issue: I am uploading an MP4 video into PD and when I hit play - it is loud static/white noise type sound.

the video was shot on a Sony camera

Same issue! Video shoot on Sony A5100. Audio format - PCM signed 16-bit big-endian 48000hz 1.5Mbit/sec.

Developers, we need a help! :
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
As I wrote in the other thread, this is a user-to user forum, not an official Cyberlink support site.

If you could upload a sample clip to OneDrive, Google Drive, etc. and paste the link to it here, other people can download the clip and see if they experience the same issue. It may be specific to your device's hardware and/or configuration.

You may also want to try converting the audio on the clip to another format using free apps like Handbrake or VirtualDub2.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°