CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I had a version of Media Suite 15 on my computer but I wanted something equivalent to Media 8
Reply to this topic
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Is there a program now which does all the things that my old Media Suite 8 did. I have changed computers to a Windows 10 one and I don't like the Media Suite 15 that is packaged in it.
stevek
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4626 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Is there a program now which does all the things that my old Media Suite 8 did. I have changed computers to a Windows 10 one and I don't like the Media Suite 15 that is packaged in it.

You realize that those packaged programs are called "teaser" software. They tease you into buying a full package while giving you a functional software package with none of the extra nice features.

Go here to get a 30 day trial of Media Suite 16.
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for your help SteveK but I had a look at what Media Suite 16 offers and it seemed far too complicated for me - the old Media Suite 8 I had came packaged on a Medion brand laptop from Aldi and it wasn't a "teaser" - it did everything I needed - that was to use my stored photos (showing them to me in thumbnails - not just folder numbers as this Media Suite 15 one does) then allowing me to pick the ones I wanted and put them on a list to burn to a DVD and then asking for any other media I wanted to incorporate (I always picked some music from my collection) then burning them to a DVD which would play on a normal HD video recorder/player. It also programed to convert music formats to MP3 and either list them for burning onto a MP3 CD or Synch to a small MP3 Player.

All this other stuff is just a confusion for me.

I always put any videos into my video recorder/player and edited them with that.

Cheers and have a good day.

... Valerie
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 4530 Offline
[Post New]
I remember the MediaSuite 9 supplied with my optical drive 9 years ago. It was good and everything worked but is not full featured as stevek already explained. Doubt that it will work well with Windows 10 today. Modern software is better for Windows 10.
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for your reply - I am downloading a free trial of Media Suite to see if it is any better. Failing that I will continue to use my old Windows 7 laptop with the good and easy Media Suite 8 in it for any projects I do working offline.
... Val
stevek
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4626 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for your reply - I am downloading a free trial of Media Suite to see if it is any better. Failing that I will continue to use my old Windows 7 laptop with the good and easy Media Suite 8 in it for any projects I do working offline.
... Val

Look also at Power2Go.
Reply to this topic