Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Multiple audio tracks
[Post New]
Hello,

I record gameplay using OBS as it works much better than the original Elgato software. Unfortunately PD16 don't recognise multiple audio tracks. I found information that this is probably the only editor with this issue. Is there some workaround with this problem?

Thanks
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Can you share more information about the video file and its audio that is generated using OBS? What container and codecs are being used for both?

If possible please share a small file sample on Google Drive or Dropbox so we can have a better look at it and see if there is currently a workaround.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I record gameplay using OBS as it works much better than the original Elgato software. Unfortunately PD16 don't recognise multiple audio tracks. I found information that this is probably the only editor with this issue. Is there some workaround with this problem?

Basildon, depending on your setup, you might try changing to the mkv container in OBS. PD can support multiple audio tracks, but only in the mkv container. With a multi track mkv file in the media library, right click on it and the tracks will appear under "Audio Languages". You can extract each track and then add or mix on the timeline as desired.

Jeff