Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Lost Momentum Transitions
GenXGrownUp [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 02, 2017 09:52 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there. When I upgraded from PDR16 to PDR17 via 365, all was well at first.

When I uninstalled PDR16 I lost some of the transitions I had. Most notably the ones whose names start with "Momentum..." I used these quite a lot and would like to get them back. Any advice short of keeping both versions installed?

Thanks.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 20. 2019 13:09

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
If you have the perpetual version of PD16, you can reinstall it alongside the subscription version of PD17/365 and get back any missing transitions that were originally instelled with PD16.

If you no longer have the original PD16 installer saved on your PC, you'll need to contact Cyberlink customer service (with proof of purchase if you bought it anywhere besides the CL website) to get a new installer. Be sure to save it in a safe place in case you need to reinstall PD16 again.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
GenXGrownUp [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote If you have the perpetual version of PD16, you can reinstall it alongside the subscription version of PD17/365 and get back any missing transitions that were originally instelled with PD16.

If you no longer have the original PD16 installer saved on your PC, you'll need to contact Cyberlink customer service (with proof of purchase if you bought it anywhere besides the CL website) to get a new installer. Be sure to save it in a safe place in case you need to reinstall PD16 again.

Thanks optodata. So once installed can I harvest those transitions somehow and use them with PDR17? Note in my original question, my desire is not have to leave PDR16 installed just to have access to those transitions.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
PD versions share downloaded and extra content, but you will likely lose the transitions again if you uninstall PD16.

I actually don't have any "momentum" transitions installed in my version of PD17, and I've been upgrading since PD9. Do you know if they came with an add-on pack?

If they did, you would see it listed separately on Windows' Apps & features (uninstall) screen, like this:

If a separate add-on/plug-in is listed there, you should be able to uninstall just the main PD16 app from the same screen. Be sure to keep your personal settings if you're prompted to delete them.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

GenXGrownUp [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote PD versions share downloaded and extra content, but you will likely lose the transitions again if you uninstall PD16.

I actually don't have any "momentum" transitions installed in my version of PD17, and I've been upgrading since PD9. Do you know if they came with an add-on pack?

If they did, you would see it listed separately on Windows' Apps & features (uninstall) screen, like this:

If a separate add-on/plug-in is listed there, you should be able to uninstall just the main PD16 app from the same screen. Be sure to keep your personal settings if you're prompted to delete them.

I'm honestly not sure how or when those transitions arrived, but I use them pretty regularly and would hope that someone from Cyberlink could let me know how to re-obtain them in a new installation.

Attached is an image showing the missing transitions. Thanks!
[Thumb - momentum.jpg]
 Filename
momentum.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
25 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
To my knowledge, those transitions first appeared as part of PD16 standard install. There was a lot of consolidation of transition features into one transition in those versions, what happens when you load a old PD16 pds project that had those transitions in PD17 that now does not have those transitions? Just another one of many upward compatibility issues and PD removes the transition or do you get some information that might be useful?

I don't see that CL put them on directorzone to aid upward compatibility of projects, I'm thinking the simple way to get them back is to install PD16 as was suggested.

Jeff
GenXGrownUp [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote To my knowledge, those transitions first appeared as part of PD16 standard install. There was a lot of consolidation of transition features into one transition in those versions, what happens when you load a old PD16 pds project that had those transitions in PD17 that now does not have those transitions? Just another one of many upward compatibility issues and PD removes the transition or do you get some information that might be useful?

I don't see that CL put them on directorzone to aid upward compatibility of projects, I'm thinking the simple way to get them back is to install PD16 as was suggested.

Jeff

Thanks for the reply. Though I can't say exactly which pack added them, I can say that adding several packs from the Application Manager returned those effects. For the benefit of the next person who runs into this, here's what I added to a base installation:

• proDAD VitaScene V3 LE 64-bit

• proDAD Adorage 10 64-bit

• TV Broadcast Title Pack for PowerDirector

• PowerDirector Content Pack Premium

• PowerDirector Content Pack Premium 2

• PowerDirector Content Pack Premium 3

• PowerDirector Content Pack Premium 4

• PowerDirector Content Pack Premium 5

• PowerDirector Content Pack Essential

Once those were installed, the set of "Momentum" style transitions returned.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]

Thanks for the reply. Though I can't say exactly which pack added them, I can say that adding several packs from the Application Manager returned those effects. For the benefit of the next person who runs into this, here's what I added to a base installation:

• proDAD VitaScene V3 LE 64-bit

• proDAD Adorage 10 64-bit

• TV Broadcast Title Pack for PowerDirector

• PowerDirector Content Pack Premium

• PowerDirector Content Pack Premium 2

• PowerDirector Content Pack Premium 3

• PowerDirector Content Pack Premium 4

• PowerDirector Content Pack Premium 5

• PowerDirector Content Pack Essential

Once those were installed, the set of "Momentum" style transitions returned.

Strange, I'd think one of the "Content Packs" as they are not a proDAD transitions. Rather odd optodata didn't have them then. Maybe the packs have been updated.

Jeff
optodata
[Post New]
Quote Strange, I'd think one of the "Content Packs" as they are not a proDAD transitions. Rather odd optodata didn't have them then. Maybe the packs have been updated.

Well it turns out that I didn't install all of the content packs when I built my new machine from scratch at the end of 2018. I went to the App Manager just now and saw that there were 4 Premium Content packs I was missing. I added them one by one and found that the Momentum transitions are in the Premium Content 2 pack.

Mystery solved

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 26. 2020 21:32

YouTube/optodata