Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Colours washed out after creating DVD
Amit78 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 09, 2019 19:21 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I am using PowerDirector 17 for editing movies from a Canon movie camera AVCHD format. After I have downloaded my videos to a file in the computer, I used PowerDirector using Timeline Mode to Create a Disc and burn to dvd. All looks fine until the dvd is burned. The colors are all washed out. I have tried two different dvd-r brands and result is the same.

The videos from the Camcorder are fine and when I view the videos on the PC before burning onto the DVD, the colours look absolutely fine.

Anyone else had this problem or know how to resolve it? I am guessing there is some setting while creating the dvd.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Are you looking at the washed out colors on the same PC/monitor that PD is on, or are you seeing the problem on another device? What happens if you load the DVD content back into PD?

The various output settings affect picture size and quality, but I can't think any that would affect the vibrancy. Another thing you can check is to save the produced video as a disc image, rather than burning straight to the disc:

Then check the .ISO image and use Windows to burn it to a DVD to see if the problem still persists.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The post above from triyola781 is spam.

I agree with optodata that you should not be seeing this on your TV. You can check to see if the problem exist on the disc. Put the disc in your BD burner. Use File explorer to go to \BDMV\STREAM\00001.m2ts aqnd open this file with either WMP or VLC. There should be no problem when using these two viewers.

EDIT: For DVD, Use File explorer and go to \VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1 and play the file with VLC.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 11. 2019 20:19

Amit78 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 09, 2019 19:21 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you for the replies.

Yes, I am seeing the same washed out colors if I play the DVD on the same PC, different PC or TV. So it seems that the create disc option in PD and then burning the DVD is causing this.

I tried the other option now to create disc image and this shows all the colours correctly.

I might have to then burn a DVD from this disc image as a workaround.