Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director 14 file size
Nutmeg [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 17, 2019 22:06 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I am a very new Power Director user, and am just trying to add a couple of titles to a little video for a friend. I was absolutely delighted I could do this (for an old lady not all that tech savvy) until I produced it ... intending to upload to YouTube ... and got a production file size of 4.5G out of a 33K original file. All I did was include a little intro title with a bit of music. I selected the AVI format. I just can't think why it has to be inflated a squillion times, but I can't upload that to YTube!

Sorry to be stupid, but I feel I've wasted my money and time for an unusable outcome

Thanks
Donna
AshWilliams [Avatar]
Member Location: Michigan Joined: Mar 28, 2013 23:38 Messages: 109 Offline
[Post New]
AVI files are an older file format that produces really large files. That is probably why the file size has been inflated so much. In the Produce window, select the H.264 AVC file format. This is a relatively newer format that will produce a much smaller file.

You can also try clicking on the Online tab in the Produce window and use the direct upload to YouTube feature. May save you some time.

Ash
Nutmeg [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 17, 2019 22:06 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote AVI files are an older file format that produces really large files. That is probably why the file size has been inflated so much. In the Produce window, select the H.264 AVC file format. This is a relatively newer format that will produce a much smaller file.

You can also try clicking on the Online tab in the Produce window and use the direct upload to YouTube feature. May save you some time.

Ash

Thank you Ash, I will try that

In the meantime I tried some MPEG (I think) method, then used another program to convert it to .AVI which ran about 55Kb. I don't know what file types YouTube accepts and since I have had prior upload success with the .AVI types, that is what I was trying for.

Thanks again, I'll keep motoring away at my home movies

Donna