Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video gets out of sync on PIP mode after 7-8 minutes of playback
coyotytm [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 10, 2019 03:08 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hello!

I have hit a wall with video sync on PIP mode.

Here is the process i am following to produce the video.

2 cameras. 1 camera records at 1920x1080 30fps 13Mbps 16:9 Audio 512Kbps mono (this is how it is recognized on Powerdirector)
File extension is .MOV & file Type is MP4 H.264 AVC

Second camera records on some mp4 format that Powerdirector will not recognize audio.
1920x1080 29.97fps 16.13Mbps 16:9 Audio Not recognized form powerdirector
File extension is .MP4 & file Type is MP4 H.264 AVC

In order to restore audio to clip i use an old program "Movavi video suite" to join all the clips together and the produced clip has the following properties.
1920x1080 29.97fps 18 Mbps 16:9 Audio MP3 128 Kbps
File extension is .AVI & file Type is AVI H.264 AVC

Now the audio is restored and i can sync the videos perfectly at the biggining. As playback goes along and about 7-8 minutes later sync between these two videos start to slip away.

I have tried handbrake and produced the videos on exactly same settings (1920x1080 30fps constant bit rate) but even then after 8 minutes of playback videos are starting to loose sync on PIP mode.

i am getting desparate here!! Any help is appreciated

Kind regards

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 15. 2019 01:52

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Strange that when you've run both clips through Handbrake and produced to the same settings, that the sync doesn't hold. That probably points to what the actual issue is, but I don't have enough info to specualte on what that might be as yet.

If you're comfortable sharing your two original clips, or can make new 10 minute recordings of them at the same time, please upload them to a cloud folder and paste the link to them here. The recordings should be full of constantly changing audio and video info so that sync issues can be detected. You can even record a TV if needed.
coyotytm [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Strange that when you've run both clips through Handbrake and produced to the same settings, that the sync doesn't hold. That probably points to what the actual issue is, but I don't have enough info to specualte on what that might be as yet.

If you're comfortable sharing your two original clips, or can make new 10 minute recordings of them at the same time, please upload them to a cloud folder and paste the link to them here. The recordings should be full of constantly changing audio and video info so that sync issues can be detected. You can even record a TV if needed.

Hello and thank you for your prompt reply.

I will upload on google drive my edited clip as well as the source video.

Thank you for your time and effort!
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello!

I have hit a wall with video sync on PIP mode.

Here is the process i am following to produce the video.

2 cameras. 1 camera records at 1920x1080 30fps 13Mbps 16:9 Audio 512Kbps mono (this is how it is recognized on Powerdirector)
File extension is .MOV & file Type is MP4 H.264 AVC

Second camera records on some mp4 format that Powerdirector will not recognize audio.
1920x1080 29.97fps 16.13Mbps 16:9 Audio Not recognized form powerdirector
File extension is .MP4 & file Type is MP4 H.264 AVC

In order to restore audio to clip i use an old program "Movavi video suite" to join all the clips together and the produced clip has the following properties.
1920x1080 29.97fps 18 Mbps 16:9 Audio MP3 128 Kbps
File extension is .AVI & file Type is AVI H.264 AVC

Now the audio is restored and i can sync the videos perfectly at the biggining. As playback goes along and about 7-8 minutes later sync between these two videos start to slip away.

I have tried handbrake and produced the videos on exactly same settings (1920x1080 30fps constant bit rate) but even then after 8 minutes of playback videos are starting to loose sync on PIP mode.

i am getting desparate here!! Any help is appreciated

Kind regards

Sorry my Handbrake solution didn't get things worked out for you. Glad to see your post here. Optodata is the man. You're lucky to have his help.
coyotytm [Avatar]
[Post New]

Sorry my Handbrake solution didn't get things worked out for you. Glad to see your post here. Optodata is the man. You're lucky to have his help.

Your help and advise is much appreciated. It is amazing that this community have people like you and Optodata here.

I hope to sort this out...
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Maliek, I would also have recommended using Handbrake or VirtualDub2 to convert the files upfront. That's a very sound idea!

OP has shared the source clips with me, and after a couple of PMs I've found what the issue is: the Xaomi camera that isn't staying in sync is creating clips that are 2-3 frames too long. Even though MediaInfo says that each clips is 1m 0s long, PD sees them as 1:00:02 or :03, so after 5 or 6 or 7 of them are played back to back, they are running noticeably behind the reference clips.

Here are my findings:

PD17 doesn't show any audio when I import the raw Xaomi clips, so I ran them through VirtualDub2 to convert the audio to be usable.

I then synced the first clip with the first Transcend clip and stacked up the next 4 Xaomi clips, and they stay in sync. I then added all of the clips from both cameras in two consecutive blocks, and by the time I got out to 15 minutes, the Xaomi clips were running behind by 16 frames, or 0.533 seconds

Now that we know it's the length of the Xaomi clips that are causing the problem, one approach would be to sync 5 clips at a time to the 5 min Transcend clip in PD and manually trim the excess Xaomi clip on the timeline. If your projects are going to show hours of driving, that's a lot of extra work, especially if you thought that all you'd have to do is sync the first clips from each camera and then add the rest behind them, but each block would always be in sync.

Another approach would be to run each Xaomi clip through Handbrake and trim each to exactly 1798 frames (59.993 seconds @ 29.97fps). Each one currently runs for 1800 or 1801 frames (60.060s or 60.093s). However, I can't quite tell if there is any frame overlap between clips, so even if the exact-length clips physically stay in sync for an hours, it's possible that the video content in them will still fall behind.

Bottom line: If you're looking for a way to "fix" the Xaomi issue, honestly, I would get rid of it and use another Transcend DP200 Pro camera, as that should entirely solve the problem!

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
coyotytm [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you so much!!!!

I have searched for updated firmware for this camera and i will proceed as suggested. If i cannot solve this i will throw away Xiaomi and replace it with another one.

PS: Is there a way to adjust the speed or length of Transcend recorded videos to match xiaomi?
optodata
[Post New]
Quote Thank you so much!!!!

I have searched for updated firmware for this camera and i will proceed as suggested. If i cannot solve this i will throw away Xiaomi and replace it with another one.

PS: Is there a way to adjust the speed or length of Transcend recorded videos to match xiaomi?

I don't have any info on how to change the Transcend video settings, but I don't think changing them to 1 minute would make any difference because the Xaomi clips are always 2-3 frames too long.

If you can set up Handbrake to process a whole bunch of clips at once, then you can feed it all the Xaomi clips from your trip and have Handbrake trim each one to exactly 1798 frames/59.993sec and convert the audio.Then everything will line up and work with PD when it's finished. That might be your best option if you keep the Xaomi camera.
coyotytm [Avatar]
[Post New]

I don't have any info on how to change the Transcend video settings, but I don't think changing them to 1 minute would make any difference because the Xaomi clips are always 2-3 frames too long.

If you can set up Handbrake to process a whole bunch of clips at once, then you can feed it all the Xaomi clips from your trip and have Handbrake trim each one to exactly 1798 frames/59.993sec and convert the audio.Then everything will line up and work with PD when it's finished. That might be your best option if you keep the Xaomi camera.

Ok I will try that and let you know if it works.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 18. 2019 02:49