Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
List lensprofiles PHD 365
LouisV [Avatar]
Member Joined: Aug 10, 2013 18:43 Messages: 50 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

I am using PHD 10. Support for lenscorrection is minimal. I've read somewhere that PHD 365 supports more lenses. Where can I find a list of these lenses?

I don't like the annual subscriptions, so before subscribing, I will be sure my rawfiles are supported correctly. Fuji RAF and Panasonic RW2.

I do like working with PHD, but lenscorrection apparently is not of great interest for CL. I hope I will not be forced to subscribe Adobe's Lightroom.

grz

Louis V
[Post New]
Hello LouisV,

As far as I'm aware, the level of camera/lens support between the 365 subscription & perpetual versions of PhD10 is identical. I'm not sure what may have led someone to make such a statement.

Checking the installed program folders for each version confirms this. In C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PhotoDirector10\PhotoDirector presets the contents of the CameraProfile & LensProfile folders, & all sub-folders, are identical in every respect. The same profiles are available on DZ, irrespective of the version used.

It's true that Adobe has a strong reputation with regard to updating lens & camera profiles in Lr.

I understand you'd like to be "sure my rawfiles are supported correctly. Fuji RAF and Panasonic RW2." In general terms, PhD will work with RAF & RW2 files. It would be more useful for you to know whether your particular cameras & lenses are supported.

e.g. PhD10 has no issues with .RAF files from Fuji GFX50S, but balks at those from the (new) GFX100. With the Panasonics, there are no issues with most I've tested but there are display issues with .RW2s from Pana S1 & GH5S.

As you can see, determining compatibility is totally dependant on camera/lens details.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
LouisV [Avatar]
Member Joined: Aug 10, 2013 18:43 Messages: 50 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello LouisV,

As far as I'm aware, the level of camera/lens support between the 365 subscription & perpetual versions of PhD10 is identical. I'm not sure what may have led someone to make such a statement.

Checking the installed program folders for each version confirms this. In C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PhotoDirector10\PhotoDirector presets the contents of the CameraProfile & LensProfile folders, & all sub-folders, are identical in every respect. The same profiles are available on DZ, irrespective of the version used.

It's true that Adobe has a strong reputation with regard to updating lens & camera profiles in Lr.

I understand you'd like to be "sure my rawfiles are supported correctly. Fuji RAF and Panasonic RW2." In general terms, PhD will work with RAF & RW2 files. It would be more useful for you to know whether your particular cameras & lenses are supported.

e.g. PhD10 has no issues with .RAF files from Fuji GFX50S, but balks at those from the (new) GFX100. With the Panasonics, there are no issues with most I've tested but there are display issues with .RW2s from Pana S1 & GH5S.

As you can see, determining compatibility is totally dependant on camera/lens details.

PIX

Thank you PIX.

My Fuji EX2 is not supported. PHD opens the RAF's but as you know, lenscorrection is often necessary. For these files, development in Darktable (open source), export to jpg and finishing in PHD is a work around.
For my Panasonic Lumix LX-15 (10 in the States) I have found a solution. Selecting Sony DSC-RX100M4 gives a very good result.

Grz
LouisV