Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Crop will not clear
Flathead [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 11, 2019 16:56 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
On my second day with Powerdirector 17 Ultra, I have made several AVC short movies by just trimming mostly, getting used to the software. I zoomed in on a few and now any video I import to edit produces with that exact same zoom. Worse is that even untouched versions I try to edit behave as normal and look good in the viewer but when I produce, even though the produce veiwer looks right, the movies plays back zoomed. Any help would be appreiciated .
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
It's hard to imagine all the possible ways you might have run into this problem, but if you start with a new project (which clears the Media Library) or a New Workspace (which keeps the same library contents but clears the timeline), you shouldn't have any problems.

You may also want to spend some time looking at the many helpful tutorials available on this forum, on YouTube and at the Cyberlink Learning Center. Taking time upfront to watch a few of these can save you many hours of frustration down the road.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 12. 2019 16:18

Flathead [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote It's hard to imagine all the possible ways you might have run into this problem, but if you start with a new project (which clears the Media Library) or a New Workspace (which keeps the same library contents but clears the timeline), you shouldn't have any problems.

You may also want to spend some time looking at the many helpful tutorials available on this forum, on YouTube and at the Cyberlink Learning Center. Taking time upfront to watch a few of these can save you many hours of frustration down the road.

Well I do have problems after starting a new project. With a clean slate a new clip will show correctly in the viewer and then render into the exact same zoom. I read all the basic tutorials and searched for troubleshooting this problem with nothing found. My next move is to unistall and reinstall.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Well I do have problems after starting a new project. With a clean slate a new clip will show correctly in the viewer and then render into the exact same zoom. I read all the basic tutorials and searched for troubleshooting this problem with nothing found. My next move is to unistall and reinstall.

I can't imagine that uninstalling/reinstalling would help because I'm pretty sure it's a workflow or settings issue.

Can you please use ScreenRecorder2 to capture exactly what you see when you work on a project? That will almost certainly give us the key to understanding what's happening.

To share the video here, either upload it to YouTube (it can be unlisted) and post the link here, or use this forum tool to ahve the video show up here:

Or, if you'd rather, upload it to Google Drive, OneDrive, DropBox, etc, and directly paste the link here, or use the forum link too and give the link a name:

optodata
[Post New]
Also please show us what happens when you open the produced video in whichever player you're using.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Flathead [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Also please show us what happens when you open the produced video in whichever player you're using.

Thanks for your willingness to help. When you mentioned which player I was using I tried to open several of my vids with Windows Media Player and they played as expected. It turns out VLC player was the culprit all along.

Thanks again.
optodata
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for your willingness to help. When you mentioned which player I was using I tried to open several of my vids with Windows Media Player and they played as expected. It turns out VLC player was the culprit all along.

Thanks again.

I'm glad you got it figured out! I added that last post because your media player was about the only place I could imagine that might be causing this.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Flathead [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Also please show us what happens when you open the produced video in whichever player you're using.

Thanks for your willingness to help. When you mentioned which player I was using I tried to open several of my vids with Windows Media Player and they played as expected. It turns out VLC player was the culprit all along.

Thanks again.