CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
New to DirectorZone -- how can I search PhotoDirector presets in DZ?
Reply to this topic
Aengus-MacNaughton [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Location: Maryland, USA Joined: Sep 21, 2018 21:08 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
On the main PhotoDirector page in DZ I can filter/sort presets -- but I cannot find an option to search by preset name or description -- considering that there are so many presets, searching will help me save a lot of time instead of browsing through them all.

Windows 7 using Chrome to access DZ.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 29. 2019 22:53

Aengus-MacNaughton [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Location: Maryland, USA Joined: Sep 21, 2018 21:08 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote On the main PhotoDirector page in DZ I can filter/sort presets -- but I cannot find an option to search by preset name or description -- considering that there are so many presets, searching will help me save a lot of time instead of browsing through them all.

Windows 7 using Chrome to access DZ.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

OK -- me again. I think that I figured it out using the Search option at the top of the main window, and then narrowing down the content on the left.

Doh!
[Post New]
Hello Brigham,

Welcome to the DirectorZone forum laughing

Unfortunately, that's quite difficult, largely because they're all user uploads. That means there's no consistency with naming or tagging.

e.g. This one is named Photo Preset_0527_1 (very helpful) & the description says: "20150527_18:41" (also helpful to know when it was created).

I'm sorry there's no easy answer. I'd say, keep browsing till you locate some presets you like - look at the maker's other presets, and go from there.

One thing to consider is that presets made by one person for one photo shot on one camera on a particular day will not necessarily do the right job on your own photos.

PIX PhD CDR ADR DZ MVL PP Forum Moderator
PIX YouTube channel
Reply to this topic