CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
After inserting disc into a dvd player, I get the message that it cannot be read
Reply to this topic
Tamara5 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: May 15, 2019 14:46 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have used the CyberLink Media Suite 10 to create a dvd. I transferred a short film from my computer files (MOV file and mp4 file). It played from the disc on my computer, but will not play in a dvd player. What am I doing wrong? I really need to send the dvd to a festival.
stevek
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4621 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have used the CyberLink Media Suite 10 to create a dvd. I transferred a short film from my computer files (MOV file and mp4 file). It played from the disc on my computer, but will not play in a dvd player. What am I doing wrong? I really need to send the dvd to a festival.

In order for a DVD to be played on a DVD player, the disc must be authored. It appears that you may have just burned the files to the disc.

My suggestion since you need the DVD quickly, I suggest you go to the Cyberlink site and download the free copy of Power2Go. Once it is installed, it is self explanatory on how to make a DVD. Be sure to use a new DVD.

Let us know if you need more information.
Reply to this topic