Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Sudden loss of performance
Zbynek Fiser [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 26, 2019 14:48 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
hello,

I have a project in PowerDirector 17.0.2727 and a project which I am no longer able to edit. The preview playback (press spacebar) has fallen to about 2-3FPS and it gets out-of-sync with the audio. I have not changed any settings, it just started to lag and I am not sure why. The clip is only about 3 minutes long.

I have Shadow files enabled with the lowest resolution possible setting, hardware acceleration ON and even tried the "Non real-time preview mode" but that doesn't help neither. I tried to delete the temporary files and PowerDirector has generated new ones.

my HW configuration is Xeon E5, 3.6GHz, GTX 1060, 16GB RAM and SSD and NVME disks.

It used to be fine and I actually purchased PowerDirector because of how well it worked.
Also, it works fine when I create a new project even with 4K videos in it.

any suggestions? I am getting desperate.

Thank you.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 12. 2019 03:50

Harmen [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 01, 2018 15:29 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
There is a chance that it has to do with your nVidia card so checking the latest driver might help. What is the preview quality that you use? Any chance to upload and share your project?
Zbynek Fiser [Avatar]
[Post New]
I figured it out - it's caused by the Video Stabilizer fix. When it's On, the project becomes unususable as the playback framerate drops to "slide show" and sound goes of of sync and the whole thing becomes a mess.

Does this happen to anyone else?
Zbynek Fiser [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote There is a chance that it has to do with your nVidia card so checking the latest driver might help. What is the preview quality that you use? Any chance to upload and share your project?

Thanks, it's caused by the Video Stabilizer setting for me. The preview quality and pretty much everything else is set to lowest setting but doesn't have any effect on the speed.
Harmen [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 01, 2018 15:29 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I figured it out - it's caused by the Video Stabilizer fix. When it's On, the project becomes unususable as the playback framerate drops to "slide show" and sound goes of of sync and the whole thing becomes a mess.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Yes, especially with the option 'use enhanced stablizer' checked. Does non-realtime preview help?
Zbynek Fiser [Avatar]
[Post New]

Yes, especially with the option 'use enhanced stablizer' checked. Does non-realtime preview help?

it does, but with no sound and slowed down i don't really see its usefulness. It would be good to have an option to globally toggle the stabilization for previews so it wouldn't slow down everything that much.