CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
UHD BMDV Playback
Reply to this topic
robertwelch [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Apr 09, 2019 03:32 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I'm getting a 80004005 error when playing in CyberLink PowerDVD 17 for the BDMV folder structure loading from a folder path. I'm using Windows 10 1703, i7 2600K, 1070GTX. Using the UHD/BD Advisor that CyberLink provides it shows support is not available for the "Protected Audio/Video Path" as well as the "Intel SGX Extensions". To play the BDMV structure regardless of how they are created/ripped etc, is it required to meet these requirements? Initial research shows that only 7th Gen Intel series and iGPU's are supporting UHD BDMV structural playback. Can anyone provide insight into this and/or if they are playing the BDMV structure without issue? Through other various means I play 4k HDR without "issue".

Second to that, are there any other BDMV UHD playback methods? "Movies & TV" plays the main M2TS files, but has descriptive audio turned on. MediaPC plays but can't get HDR functioning unless I use HDR to SDR. I can play other 4k HDR files in CyberLink without "issue". If I try and play the largest main M2TS from the BDMV folder CyberLink reports it doesn't have the correct abilities to play the file. The CyberLink does support UHD Playback as the Ultra version.

Thanks!
[Post New]
I am assuming you are trying to play a ripped UHD BD from your hard drive? Neither PowerDVD 17 or 18 support UHD BD folder playback currently. UHD BD ISO playback is not supported either.

Dave
Reply to this topic