CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Having problem re-installing Media Suite 14? Get error message: 1628 Failed to complete install?
Reply to this topic
MARTINB1 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Oct 29, 2011 15:08 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Having problem re-installing Media Suite 14, it used to work well? Version 16 trial does the same thing? Turned off Norton Security, still Get error message: 1628 Failed to complete install... Been working on this for over 6 months? Tech support even resent my download of Media Suite... Still the same, tired of this! Now so pissed off, considering switching to ADOBE!!!

Thank you for your time, and any help?

Martin
[Post New]
That error message indicates there is an issue with your Windows (most likely not with the software), specifically the Windows Installer Service.

If you can't reinstall Windows (which I would recommend), then try any one of the options outlined in this post:

https://help.globalscape.com/help/archive/cuteftp8/Installshield_Error_1628__Failed_to_complete_script_based_install.htm

The third one is the easiest one you can try first:

Possible Cause 3
This error message may also occur if a file in the Temp directory is conflicting with the files used by the installation while it is running.

Fix: Delete the entire contents of the Temp directory:

1. Double-click the My Computer icon on your desktop, or right-click Start, then click Explore.
2. Navigate to the Temp directory, for example, C:\Windows\Temp.
3. Click in the directory, then right-click and click Select All (or CTRL+A).
4. On the toolbar, click Delete or right-click the selection, then click Delete (or CTRL+X). A confirmation message appears.
5. Click Yes

Good luck
Dave

Reply to this topic