CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio Sound Clip download
Reply to this topic
wlammert [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Feb 01, 2019 19:11 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have downloaded and installed a sound clip from Director Zone. It does not show up in either my Media Background Music or Sound Clips. I was able to locate the file on my PC under Users/Public/Cyberlink/Downloaded Audio but would have thought it would show up in my media directory when I open PowerDirector 17.

I want to download some motion objects and blending items and don't know where they will end up as there isn't a "room" on PD for this type of file.

Is this how it is supposed to work for downloads that are not particles, PIP, transitions or titles?

Thanks for direction for a new user.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 4458 Offline
[Post New]
In PD17 click the right arrow to the right between the Library Title and Transition buttons to open Display the Explorer view. Click the gold Downloaded button and you will see all those DZ downloaded and installed sound clips. I had to find them myself.
optodata
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 3744 Online
[Post New]
That's a very helpful tip!

I've found something else curious. If PD17 is open when the clip is installed, it actually will show up right away in the Media Library. However, there seems to be a minor bug because the other content completely disappears and the content selector has to be refreshed before you can see the other clips again.

If someone else can verify this behavior I'm happy to report it to CL.
youtube/optodata

DS365 | Win10 Pro | 8 Core/16T i9-9900K (4.8GHz) | RTX 2070 | 32GB RAM | 6TB SSDs

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | HF S200 (HD 30p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 4458 Offline
[Post New]
Opened Project with PD17 project having assets showing in the Media Content library and on the timeline. Downloaded Movie Intro (9).dza. Double click and installed it. Get the confirming message. Click OK. See not one sound clip but all those that I have downloaded in the last 5 years. Click Media Content and see the library assets and all those sound clips downloaded in the last 5 years cluttering the library.

Click Remove All Unused Content from Library and all sound clip remains. This is bad. Click File/New Project and they remain in the library asset. Open a recent project and choose not to merge and those sound clips remain. If you now save the project close PD17, open PD17 then those sound clips will appear on this recent project. There is no way to get rid of them.

This bug exists in PD14, PD15, and PD17 that I tested. This bug does not exist in PD12. I have avoided installing sound clips from the DirectorZone for the last 4 years for this reason. Who wants to see hundreds or thousands of sound clips showing in the media library where your asset is only a few files to edit and you want only a few sound clips.

I get my sound clips from other software and sources, or capture them from the DZ with Audacity and put them in a separate folder where I can obtain the sound files wanted and not have hundreds or thousands of them cluttering the Media Library.

Optodata – I have verified the minor bug you reported and you can write a support ticket on it. When you start downloading and installing thousands of sound files I think that you might want to go back and use PD12. You may want to check out what I found. I can then write a support ticket on this bug if someone can confirm the same issue.
Reply to this topic