Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cyberlink\CyberLink Drive\PowerDirector does not exist.
JoshuaP443 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 19, 2017 19:54 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I can not...
1. Change settings
2. Save projects
3. Burn Disks

All it will say when I try to change a setting is "Cyberlink\CyberLink Drive\PowerDirector does not exist"

I am sure there are more issues.

Upgraded a week ago from 14, really regreating it!

Has anyone else had these issues?

PowerDirector 17
Running on Windows 10
i9 9900k
32 gb Ram
1080 ti

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 11. 2019 20:12

NigelVideo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 25, 2014 13:43 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
Although I CAN use PD17 I'm finding it very buggy and crashes often.
I'm also running Win10 Pro 64.
See my post here for details:
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/78477.page#322024
JoshuaP443 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Here is a video of what mine is doing. I have been a loyal user for 5 years. about to ask for a refund and move on!
Support has been no support at all!

https://youtu.be/j0MwzLWV9LM

I just uninsstalled and reinstalled and it is MUCH worse. about to reinstall for the 5th time.
I have removed all cyberlink software from my couputer. A couputer that is less that 3 weeks old...
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Here is a video of what mine is doing. I have been a loyal user for 5 years. about to ask for a refund and move on!
Support has been no support at all!

https://youtu.be/j0MwzLWV9LM

I just uninsstalled and reinstalled and it is MUCH worse. about to reinstall for the 5th time.
I have removed all cyberlink software from my couputer. A couputer that is less that 3 weeks old...

I'm sorry that you're having so many issues. I really appreciate you making the screen recording and showing all the problems you highlighted.

Based on what you've described and recorded, it's very clear that PD isn't installed correctly, but at this point I don't think that simply uninstalling and reinstalling are going to help. There may also be some underlying issue with Win10, depending on what's happened since you got your new system. I'm concerned with Windows' responses to your folder and project saving section as those are all Windows dialog boxes, they're not part of PD.

Cyberlink tech support often takes a couple days to respond, and we're on Monday eve after a big Chinese new year week. Of the 3 items you listed, the one that I see as most significant is that the folder where PD is installed doesn't exist. That could be a Windows permission issue or drive corruption or a badly mangled PD install, but it will take some time and effort to figure this out.

I don't blame you if you want to throw in the towel at this point, but if you want to try and move forward the best thing you can do is to follow the steps listed in the Read Me Before Posting thread and attach the results of the DxDiag test. That will give us some idea of the condition that Win10 reports of itself.

Another thing to try is a system file check, which can be run from an Administrator-level command prompt. This will only take a few minutes and will give you valuable info on the state of your new system's health. Steps are in the MS article.

Next steps will be based on what the dxDiag test shows and the outcomes of running the DISM and SFC commands.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
NigelVideo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Don't waste your time with Cyberlink support.
I've posted many support tickets over the last year's and months and only ever got generic advice often not even related to the problem!
I don't think they can read English.. . Well they certainly can't comprehend it based on their responses.
No not being harsh... my comments are based purely on FACT.
If you can't find the answer in these forums then I'm afraid your stuck.
JoshuaP443 [Avatar]
[Post New]

I'm sorry that you're having so many issues. I really appreciate you making the screen recording and showing all the problems you highlighted.

Based on what you've described and recorded, it's very clear that PD isn't installed correctly, but at this point I don't think that simply uninstalling and reinstalling are going to help. There may also be some underlying issue with Win10, depending on what's happened since you got your new system. I'm concerned with Windows' responses to your folder and project saving section as those are all Windows dialog boxes, they're not part of PD.

Cyberlink tech support often takes a couple days to respond, and we're on Monday eve after a big Chinese new year week. Of the 3 items you listed, the one that I see as most significant is that the folder where PD is installed doesn't exist. That could be a Windows permission issue or drive corruption or a badly mangled PD install, but it will take some time and effort to figure this out.

I don't blame you if you want to throw in the towel at this point, but if you want to try and move forward the best thing you can do is to follow the steps listed in the Read Me Before Posting thread and attach the results of the DxDiag test. That will give us some idea of the condition that Win10 reports of itself.

Another thing to try is a system file check, which can be run from an Administrator-level command prompt. This will only take a few minutes and will give you valuable info on the state of your new system's health. Steps are in the MS article.

Next steps will be based on what the dxDiag test shows and the outcomes of running the DISM and SFC commands.

My first response included all the DxDiag info. They responded like they didnt even look at it. I have recommended this product to friends and family for YEARS. Could be windows 10. Doesn't explain why it was working a week ago though. Seriously paying for phone support is a slap in the face to paying customers!

Could you tell me how to go about getting a refund for a product that doesnt work and is not supported in my country?
NigelVideo [Avatar]
[Post New]
'RE (NO) SUPPORT:
My experience is exactly the same.
I find it extremely insulting when you make the time and effort providing a detailed support ticket and the response suggests they didn't read it.
My conclusion is they've outsourced the support to a generic support center who know nothing about the product other than what they can find by googling.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I have seen similar problems in the past. The hard drive was only ¼ full and going bad. It keep reallocating new sectors to replace the bad ones it find. Everything was slow, slow, slow. Replaced the drive to solve the problem. That was the boot drive in my HTPC.
JoshuaP443 [Avatar]
[Post New]

My first response included all the DxDiag info. They responded like they didnt even look at it. I have recommended this product to friends and family for YEARS. Could be windows 10. Doesn't explain why it was working a week ago though. Seriously paying for phone support is a slap in the face to paying customers!

Could you tell me how to go about getting a refund for a product that doesnt work and is not supported in my country?

Well it must be something in windows. Because I just reinstalled pd14 and same crap different hour.

I'll be sure to post what I figure out, if I do figure anything out. All I know at this point is after 3 days uninstalling and reinstalling changing little things is that I am tired, and will not make the deadline.
NigelVideo [Avatar]
[Post New]
When installing are installing as Administrator?
...right click installation binary then select "Run as administrator"
See picture.
[Thumb - RunAsAdmin.jpg]
 Filename
RunAsAdmin.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Run as administrator
 Filesize
38 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I can not...
1. Change settings
2. Save projects
3. Burn Disks

All it will say when I try to change a setting is "Cyberlink\CyberLink Drive\PowerDirector does not exist"

I am sure there are more issues.

Upgraded a week ago from 14, really regreating it!

Has anyone else had these issues?

PowerDirector 17
Running on Windows 10
i9 9900k
32 gb Ram
1080 ti

Hi Joshua,

Saw this before. Please see this post and try changing the download folder path on the CyberLink Cloud tab:

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/77844.page#post_box_318952

David

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 12. 2019 01:02

JoshuaP443 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I have seen similar problems in the past. The hard drive was only ¼ full and going bad. It keep reallocating new sectors to replace the bad ones it find. Everything was slow, slow, slow. Replaced the drive to solve the problem. That was the boot drive in my HTPC.

Definitely not the harddrive. I have no issues with speed. I am running all software on a M.2 drive. It is super fast. I can edit, but I cant create a DVD or save. Absolutely no issues with speed
Chris Henry [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 30, 2022 15:49 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I know this thread is really old, but this issue just happened to me, and I've been working with PD for many years. This thread gave me enough clues to figure out it was a Windows issue and not PD. Yesterday I enabled a new security feature in Windows 11 called Ransomware Protection, which essentially prevents your critical files from being hijacked for ransom. This feature protects your personal files in your Documents folder.

With the Ransomware Protection enabled, it prevented PD from accessing the C:\Users\{user}\Documents\CyberLink\CyberLink Drive\PowerDirector folder.

The solution is to configure Ransonware Protection to allow PD to access the Documents folder, which resolved the issue.