Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Powerdirector 16 "MPEG-2 video playback is not supported in this version. Please upgrades..."
DanieleG [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 03, 2019 08:22 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Dears
After a certain time of perfect working I got this message: "MPEG-2 video playback is not supported in this version. Please upgrades to get MPEG-2 video support along with the other features".
I don't want and I don't need to upgrade.
At the same time "Hardware acceleration" comes gray and not selectable.

Why PDR16 stopped to work?
I have some doubt about Windows 10 update?
Powerdirector 16.0.1927.0
Version type: Ultra
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
83 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
141 time(s)
[Thumb - Screenshot (154).png]
 Filename
Screenshot (154).png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
392 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
8 time(s)
[Thumb - Screenshot (158).png]
 Filename
Screenshot (158).png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
11 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 05. 2019 16:34

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You have upgraded this 8 year old laptop to Win 10 in which Mpeg-2 playback is not supported by default. You can add mpeg-2 playback by going to the Microsoft store. It could be free for some individuals or $15 for others.

The cpu is too slow to do any video editing in my opinion. See this : https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Pentium+T4400+%40+2.20GHz&id=1122 .

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 05. 2019 20:19

DanieleG [Avatar]
[Post New]
thanks a lot for your quick reply.
What is strange is that it worked perfectly since sime time ago and apparently I didn't cancel anything. Maybe I'm wrong.What do you think?
You are completly right; it's quite slow but to prepare some home video is more then enough.
I will try to find something on the store and see what happen.
DanieleG [Avatar]
[Post New]
I downloaded and installed MPEG-2 Video Extension but, no way. PDR shows again the same message as before.
MPEG video are player by other SW installed on the PC but are not managed by PDR.

I have no idea what to do; mah be I need to use another SW to create my video.

Any good or funny suggestions...?

thanks
Daniele

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 20. 2019 16:36

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
It is possible that the mpeg-2 codec is not activated on this PD16 Ultra version or that this is a limited version. I am not convinced that you have the ultra version without a proper screenshot. You best bet is to contact Cyberlink Support and report this to them along with a link to this thread. They will ask you for the documentations and ask you the right questions and hopefully activate the codec or convince you to do the right thing.

Link to Cyberlink support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do .

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 20. 2019 16:37